Brewer Fanatic

New Power 50, 4/15/09: it's up!

And That
Brae Reminds me of Chris saenz without the major league start...to me, that was the precedent i was looking at...andi thought we might have had him a little too high after an offseason of reflection...

Casual observation: 6 of the top 10 prospects are in AA or higher. 3 of the top 10 are in AAA with Cain almost a lock to move up it seems. Question, though... What about Jeffress? If he shows command and continues to make people miss do you think they take the risk of moving him to AAA as well? Or do you think that they'd rather avoid the risk and hope he just has one solid year at AA as a confidence builder?

Casual observation: 6 of the top 10 prospects are in AA or higher. 3 of the top 10 are in AAA with Cain almost a lock to move up it seems. Question, though... What about Jeffress? If he shows command and continues to make people miss do you think they take the risk of moving him to AAA as well? Or do you think that they'd rather avoid the risk and hope he just has one solid year at AA as a confidence builder?
I'd argue the Top 50 has historically leaned towards the AA/AAA guys, regardless of talent. They don't favor A or lower pitchers because of injuries, and batters because of uncertainty.

Archived