Brewer Fanatic

2009 Brewer Vent Thread

With the way the season has started out I know many of use really need to get some things off are chest and just vent! I was waiting for someone to put it up but I haven't seen it anywhere yet. It has been a good thread in past years and figured we'd get it going again.

Now I know many of us got somethings to say and get off thier chest so let the 2009 venting begin!

My biggest vent so far is that my wife found a nice long sleeve Brewer shirt in my size that didn't cost a ton of cash (this is much more rare than you'd expect!). I have now worn it 3 times and they lost all 3 games so I can't see myself wearing it again until the end of the season. Perfectly good shirt ruined already.

If you meant my post as mockery I think you missed my point. I honestly won't wear that shirt until they turn things around and by then it will probably be nice out and I'll be in short sleeves. I was dead serious~.

I was referring to the thread I linked to. Why is a thread that has no redeeming value, other than to try and marginalize another discussion, allowed to remain open? Meanwhile, the vent thread was banned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely okay with people disagreeing with me. I just wish people would spend more time actually debating the issues, and less time trying to be a comedian, constantly discredit other viewpoints with condescension/sarcasm, etc.

And please everyone, if you're going to start a sarcastic thread, please make sure it's at least either poignant or funny...

Oh sorry, I thought you meant this thread as in the vent thread(of which I had the only post!), didn't notice you had linked to another one. Yeah I guess I can see your point on the other one, even if I think his point is valid that it is too early to be making changes.

For a real vent how about, can we please stop walking so many crappy hitters. I can live with a few extra walks against good hitters early because the pitchers don't have good command yet, but you can't be walking the crappy guys.

I was referring to the thread I linked to. Why is a thread that has no redeeming value, other than to try and marginalize another discussion, allowed to remain open? Meanwhile, the vent thread was banned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely okay with people disagreeing with me. I just wish people would spend more time actually debating the issues, and less time trying to be a comedian, constantly discredit other viewpoints with condescension/sarcasm, etc.

And please everyone, if you're going to start a sarcastic thread, please make sure it's at least either poignant or funny...

Get over yourself. It wasn't directed at you. It had no mockery. As I already posted I just wanted to lighten the mood up a little. The issue was debated. It was debated for 11 pages. Heck I even debated it with you multiple times. Sarcasm is not a bad thing. People need threads to have fun in and not just constantly moan or argue with each other.

Agreed 100%, why have 100 different thread that are like how long of a leash will this person have or other threads like that instead of just one where you can throw it out there and dicuss it. It is universal! You hate something you say and we discuss it. I don't see one problem with that at all. We are all fustrated at least a little with the performance so far and want to talk about the horrible pitching, Suppan, unclutch hitting, close loses, lineups and so on.....why have different threads for all of them???? How is that better?

guys its so early. They are not playing what I have expected them to, but they should be 5-2 and not 2-5. Its not like they are getting out classed every night like we did in the mid to late 90's.
Yeah but its still nice to have an universal vent thread.

I'm going to be honest here, looking at our system and staff right now, unless some guy just steps up big time we are in serious trouble of not even making .500. We don't have depth at all. I have been think of things we can try to do to get pitching or how to help our problem.

The only guys I really trust out there right now in our bullpen are Defilice and Coffey

Happy to see Dillard starting again and that he can be a spot starter. We should be 5-2 but we are 2-5 which is nothing to be worried about but our staff is a REAL concern. No doubt at all. We can not make the playoffs with what we have right now

We can not make the playoffs with what we have right now

Absolute statements are very often false. A more accurate statement would be I feel its almost impossible for us to make the playoffs with what we have right now.

i want to vent about the brewers putting ads in the middle of the out-of-town scoreboard at MP this year. they used to show 4 scores at a time during innings and ads between innings. now it's score, score, ad, score even during play. really annoying and distracting.

Absolute statements are very often false. A more accurate statement would be I feel its almost impossible for us to make the playoffs with what we have right now.

ha good point, there is always a chance. We are only a few games in and t may work it self out a bit but I'm not sure we have enough. Once Hoffman gets in his groove and if Coffey can pitch as good as he has we could have a solid 8th and 9th.

ha good point, there is always a chance. We are only a few games in and t may work it self out a bit but I'm not sure we have enough. Once Hoffman gets in his groove and if Coffey can pitch as good as he has we could have a solid 8th and 9th.

And add Villy in that. We just need more quality innings out of our starters

I'm going to be honest here, looking at our system and staff right now, unless some guy just steps up big time we are in serious trouble of not even making .500. We don't have depth at all.

Your second paragraph is good evidence of why we don't need a vent thread. A vent thread may be a form of therapy for some, but if that's the case, maybe the staff should create a vent thread and charge admission. If we want to discuss the specific issues with the Brewers, a thread for each issue is the best way to have an intelligent, interesting discussion.

If this team ends up under .500 they either had injuries, had a lot of bad breaks or didn't play to their talent. It is a low to mid 80 win team on paper. With that comment I will leave this thread since it just gets me into trouble. People don't want intelligent discussion in a vent thread(that is sort of the entire point of the thing afterall), they just want to be negative and exaggerate how bad things are and that isn't what I'm about.

We are all fustrated at least a little with the performance so far and want to talk about the horrible pitching, Suppan, unclutch hitting, close loses, lineups and so on.....why have different threads for all of them????
If something can't be said in a way that promotes intelligent discussion in the existing threads does it really need to be said?
I just don't see it. The vent thread usually just becomes the knee jerk reaction thread where reasoned posts are few and far between. If someone calls someone else on their comment in the vent thread, the reaction is usually along the lines of "forget it, I was venting." The vent thread provides nothing that isn't available in just about every other message board known to man.

My biggest vent so far is that my wife found a nice long sleeve Brewer shirt in my size that didn't cost a ton of cash (this is much more rare than you'd expect!).

Man, if you and I could ever be sympathetic towards each other, it is this. I don't know if you are a big fat guy like me, or really tall, or shaped like an odd fruit (pear, squash e.g.) -- but I can never find good sports gear. My wife found this big fat guy website, and ordered me a bunch of stuff for Xmas -- except of course they only have the top franchises in each sport available, like Cowboys, Packers, Yankees, etc... thankfully there is a ton of Steelers gear on the big fat guy website... so I have a ton of that. My wife keeps looking at the big fat guy website for Brewer gear -- but it never shows up.

I have now worn it 3 times and they lost all 3 games so I can't see myself wearing it again until the end of the season. Perfectly good shirt ruined already.

Dude -- how can you determine that your shirt is haunted in only 3 starts, but it will take you 27 starts to realize that Suppan is haunted http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ....

Thankfully though, you have realized the power that your clothing wields in appeasing the baseball deities... I quit wearing pants sometime last year while watching games on TV, when I determined that being pantless helped our bullpen, and burned a spot on my leg from my lap top near my knee, that appears to be permanent.

Sarcasm is not a bad thing.

The slippery slope with sarcasm, is that if you are not funny or good at it, you are Louie Anderson.

Somebody tried to start a vent thread earlier, but apparently the staff wants to avoid outright negativity.

The idea is to avoid "impulsive posts expressing knee-jerk frustration in the form of vents, rants and complaints." Members can certainly address the negative without crossing the line into blatant obnoxiousness.

However, mockery and condescension are still allowed and encouraged, as evidenced by this thread.

There hasn't been much of a moderator presence this week. I'll take a look.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived