Brewer Fanatic

To the person who stole my Weber Q at Opening Day...

brewtown82
It sucks that your grill got stolen but I wouldn't advocate any vigilante justice involving electrocution or BB guns or anything. Just put it away before you go in to the game, like a lot of people have suggested. The sad fact is that pretty much anything that is left out will eventually get stolen, even if it has no resale value, just because people like to mess around. I wonder if grills are worth anything as scrap metal.

Just put a flexing Gabe Kapler cutout beside the grill.

I always wanted one of those sweet tailgaiting grills that you can actually put on a truck hitch. But I would be too afraid to bring it to tailgate for this very reason.

Can't you lock it to the hitch? Even with a regular grill, if you have a trailer hitch, you may wanna just lock it to the holes in the hitch with a chain or bike lock. When I lived in a less desirable neighborhood my grill was attached to the pillar holding the porch up with a bike lock.

Last year someone took my chimney charcoal starter and brush but left the grill. It was the last week of the season and Prince had hit a walk off HR, so on cloud 9 as we leave the stadium and then... dang. I mean really, come on. I just chalked it up to some drunks who wanted to throw it or something. They actually did me a favor since the new one I got to replace it is much better. But it had never even crossed my mind that leaving that stuff out was a potential problem. Sadly locking it up like mothership suggests might be the way to go.

brewtown82, I realize you're just venting but I'd chip in $10 towards a replacement for you. Why not.

I refuse to buy a nicer grill for this very reason. Walmart makes one that has a handle that snaps in place over the lid which is hinged and contains a hinged shelf for buns, etc... and also has legs that fold out and it's $9.88. It's the most beautimous tailgating grill ever.

The poor guy parked in front of me in the lot behind home plate had his grill stolen from him. It was the kind that attach to the trailer hitch like previously mentioned. You could tell when we were tailgating before the game that it was relatively new because it was still so shiny so maybe this was his first time using it. Obviously it wasnt locked on his hitch and leaving the game I saw him and his friends huddled around the back of their SUV and the grill was gone. I felt pretty bad for him. Who goes and does that, and also, why wouldnt someone speak up when you see a guy (thief) carrying a giant grill with a big arm on it that obviously attaches to the back of a truck?

Hey GormanHarvey, you are right, steaks are amazing on that thing. And thanks for the tip to try Kohl's. It was the 200. Perfect tailgating size. I'm going to replace it soon. And I'll be sure to lock it in the trunk like usual!

I have the $10 walmart special mini grill! My buddy and I bought it last year for opening day after he realized he left half of his propane camping grill at his house. We half assembled it when we got to the ballpark. Its our little joke now that the mini grill has to make its appearance at every game we go to. So far its seen 2 opening day's and one playoff game. We busted the handle on it this year though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived