Brewer Fanatic

To the person who stole my Weber Q at Opening Day...

brewtown82

To the person who stole my grill at opening day on Friday...

I hope you needed it more than me.

I hope you realize I cannot afford to replace it.

I hope you know you are responsible for my lack of steak eating this summer.

I hope you know you've ruined my trust of tailgaters.

I hope you were a Cubs' fan.

I hope you really, really enjoy it.

If you sell it, I hope you buy something useful, like a conscience.

If you see this post, and are feeling guilty, it's not too late to leave it at my house anonymously. PM me from a friend's email or something and i'll give you my address.

Thanks all for this chance to vent.

Wow, I'm really sorry; that sucks a lot. I hate that there have to be drunken idiots that do stupid stuff like that. I mean, I can be a drunken idiot at times at games, but I'm also not going to steal or break anything of my fellow Brewers' fans. I've had far too many car flags snapped off my car, and chairs stolen in the parking lots; it makes me sick. I hate having to put my Weber Q in my car before heading into the game, but it's just a reality I have to face these days.

It's pretty sad that people resort to that. I've had 3 seperate little propane grills stolen in the last 5 years. They were all pretty cheap, less than $40 bucks, but it's just really not the point. I don't know what type of person walks around after the game has started and just steals stuff. It's one thing to take a beer out of a cooler or something, but it's something completely different to start stealing chair, coolers or anything else that someone has actually spent decent money on. Pretty sad....

Can anybody think of a way to set a trap for a grill thief? Maybe a battery pack set inside that is attached to the grill that gives the thief a good jolt?
That got my mind rolling. Maybe some of the smarter folks here can improve, or shoot down, this extension of JonnyLungs' idea. This requires a top that is not hinged - or attached. Insulate the bottom rim of the lid with the door guard stuff that's used on the edge of car doors. Leave a couple of 9v batteries, in series of course, with one wire attached to the bottom and the other attached to the top. It would work best if at least one of the side handles were missing. This might be a fun experiment to do with an old charcoal grill that you wouldn't mind playing around with.

Sorry to hear about your grill. Same thing happened to a friend of mine years ago when the Twins were in town. Had some Twin fans tailgate next to him and commented on his "cool" grill...after the game the grill was gone and so were they.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I would use a hidden camera of some sort that is recording on a laptop. They are cheap and fairly easy to setup. Otherwise, I would set up some sort of motion detector. If the grill is moved, a siren goes off. Make the guy go deaf for his attempt.

Thanks for the advice guys. Usually i do put it back in the car, but this time i was with a friend who had a nice VW Taoureg and I wanted to make sure it didn't mess up the interior before I had a chance to clean and empty the drip tray and such. Learned my lesson!

buy a gallon of water. pour said gallon of water on your grill and grates when you are done grilling. place grill in vehicle.
why would you buy a gallon of water, though? Just finish a gallon of milk a couple of days before the game, save the carton and fill it with water.

But, otherwise, you are right on the money. This is exactly what I do.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I would like to say that I can't believe that anybody would leave their grill out in the open. Especially on opening day where many people show up just to drink in the parking lot. Get enough drunk people in one place and things not locked down are likely to disappear. Even some that are.

Of course anybody who steals a grill, well you are a severely substandard human being. I hope you burn yourself using your stolen grill just enough to cause a good scar but nothing life threatening. I also hope the grill starts all your Brewers clothing on fire(but not your home) because I would be ashamed to see you wearing clothing of a team I like.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I also hope the grill starts all your Brewers clothing on fire(but not your home) because I would be ashamed to see you wearing clothing of a team I like.
If I had to guess it would be his cubs clothing starting on fire. At least I hope a fellow Brewer fan (especially a bfnetter) would never do something like this. I do have to agree that it isn't all that surprising though given the circumstances.

If you do end up having to replace it, I saw Kohl's had the Q200 for $169 a couple weeks ago and there are always Kohls coupons floating around. I can imagine your disappointment - I am a fellow Weber Q owner and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Tailgating has become so much easier since I bought it. And I will put it up there cooking-wise against just about any full sized grill. You can sear a steak beautifully on it.

If anyone is looking for a fairly quick way to clean theirs, spray it heavily with grill/oven cleaner, let it soak for a while, scrape the really stuck on stuff off with a plastic putty knife or something similar, and then hit it with a pressure washer. You may have to respray and soak with the cleaner and then hit it again with the pressure washer, but it works like a charm!

P.S. sorry for your loss

I've had two grills stolen from me. It really sucks because they were charcoal grills that cost less than $25 brand new. It also sucks when you look around and see a lot nicer grills sitting out that weren't stolen.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I always wanted one of those sweet tailgaiting grills that you can actually put on a truck hitch. But I would be too afraid to bring it to tailgate for this very reason. A expensive piece of equipment like that is almost guaranteed to get stolen. I have always brough cheap charcoal grills and I usually hide it under my car when I go in, I have never had it stolen.

But I agree that people that does this stuff are the scum of the earth. Does Miller Park have security and cameras out in the parking lots during the games? Perhaps if enough people complain about their stuff getting stolen that the Brewers would take some preventative measures.

I got a similar one for $10 a few years ago.
probably stolen

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Just put a live ordinance gernade in the grill and attach a coat hanger to the pin and then soder it to the lid. Shouldn't take more than 1 min and will give any Cub fan a good "jolt." Also, I wouldn't put the gill near your car, find one with an IL license plate (but not a silver WRX because that could be my car and I've never stolen anything besides beer).

I had my grill stolen during Sunday night's game. It was only like twenty bucks or something but still, not cool man. I can't believe they opted not to take the tongs that were attached to the lid, they left those laying behind my truck. They are pretty nice tongs. Weird.

Archived