Brewer Fanatic

How long of a leash should Gallardo have?

theavrock

The guy gave up 7 runs today and 2 Hr's. I mean I know he only had three hits against but they were all big hits in big situations. Its pretty obvious the kid isn't ready for the pressure and can't handle being the ace of the staff. He has almost a 7 era in two starts!!! Ridiculous, I thought he was supposed to anchor our staff.

(edit: excessive punctuation --1992)

to add some reality to this thread...for the first time in recent history, the Brewers are sporting some nifty OBPs. And if we keep having 2 or 3 runners on for Braun, Fielder, and Hardy all year, I think we'll do just fine

Well, Gallardo gets a pass for last night...but it's getting old seeing our pitchers give games away. Our offense still has some issues, but overall has been performing pretty well.

I asked this elsewhere last night...but do you folks think Melvin knew the pitching would be this bad but couldn't do anything about it, or was he in denial and thought they would be better than this?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I am with Diskono. Why waste years on a project that is as totally hopeless and pointless as Yo being a good SP. Billy Wagner was a natural righty who tought himself to throw lefty after a few broken arms. After last night, it seems the one possible scenario left for Yo to contribute this year seems to be to tell him to throw lefty and move him to the pen.

I had to edit in the blue on the off-chance people might take it as a serious post.

Can Brad Nelson pitch?

Has anyone done a fun study on the success of position players doing a cameo as pitchers? Nick Swisher pitched a scoreless inning last night! Cirillo pitched a scoreless inning at 37.

The sarcasm meter is at level 100 with this thread.

Glad to see some people figured it out. Just wanted to lighten up the boards and make a thread where people could have some fun instead of freak out and argue with each other. If you didn't get the joke, might be time to lighten up a little.

On a side note

Its obvious Gallardo is done. My girlfriend's brothers cousins sworn midget enemy said Yo told him that his arm was cashed in a strip joint on the southside of Racine the other night. Its over guys I'm sorry to tell everyone. Maybe we can bring him back as an on field reporter or he can Davey Nelson's place on the radio!

I don't see why Suppan has been getting all the flack. At least he pitched for most of the season last year. Gallardo is just an injury prone bum.

Seriously though, Gallardo is my favorite player and I've never liked Suppan, but calling for Suppan's head after two starts (or eight starts if you decide to factor in September) is just another reaction based on a small sample.

I think we should move Yo to 1B and trade Fielder for pitching. I mean Gallardo is OPSing 1.750. Fielder has a weak .792. Of course we wouldn't get much in trade for a guy like Fielder. I think it is obvious he has declined as a hitter. He needs to gain some weight so he can hit for more power. This slimmed down Fielder is a weak version.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think the answer is obvious. Revisit the "Can Bill Hall pitch?" thread. With Hall struggling at the plate, switch them. Yo becomes our new 3B and Hall becomes the stud pitcher we need.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

If you didn't get the joke, might be time to lighten up a little.

I didn't get the joke. However, had a paragraph like this been included in the lead, methinks we all would have gotten the joke:

Its obvious Gallardo is done. My girlfriend's brothers cousins sworn midget enemy said Yo told him that his arm was cashed in a strip joint on the southside of Racine the other night. Its over guys I'm sorry to tell everyone. Maybe we can bring him back as an on field reporter or he can Davey Nelson's place on the radio!
Carry on.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived