Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-13 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (Gallardo) 7:05PM CDT [Brewers Lose 7-6]

adamb100
This season is following the pattern of every Packer game, Badger football game, Badger basketball game, and Badger hockey game since last fall: completely outplay the other team and find some way to lose - blown 3rd base coaching, blown first base umpiring calls, robbed grand slams, 7 runs on 3 hits, multiple hard hit line outs - how else could they possibly lose? Hopefully we don't find out tomorrow.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is that the Brewers are an OK team that's going to need help to make the playoffs and they are probably already 2 games behind where they "should" be. A few more games like this and it might make the rest of the year a fight for 81 wins.

dlk, Mike Stanton is looking for a job. He has experience balking in the winning run. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

kind of depressing to see Gallardo have the walk problems that Mr. Suppan had last night. Add to the fact that it ALL came after 2 outs and a nice 6-1 "win" turns into a loss.

And, yeah, I was real thrilled with Directv turning off the game and going to Best Darn Sports show in the middle of the bottom of the 9th.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The game tonight was much easier to be at than the last couple but still disappointing obviously. I think what made it the most fun was seeing 3 little kids get balls at their first game ever. One was a foul ball, one youngster got the JJ home run ball after it bounced back onto the field (I really really wanted that one!!) and one really young girl was patiently waiting for a ball between each half inning with no luck until the top of the ninth. The thirdbase ump finally came over and talked to her a little bit and after a series of high fives, pulled a ball out of his pocket for her. It was great to see her excitement.

The two negatives in the stands tonight were whoever threw the beer bottle at the Reds leftfielder after JJ's home run, completely classless and should never happen and there was a youngster on the other side of our section who got hit with a foul ball, off Prince's bat in the 6th I think. He looked like it hit him hard and the side of his head was bleeding as his dad ran him up with the ushers. Good luck to him and hopefully he is all right, if anyone knows the family pass on best wishes from everyone else sitting around him in section 127.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

If we could just get Braun and JJ going a bit more, this offense would be on fire. Still, can't fault those two when Braun drew three walks and JJ hit a homer. Just seemed like we kept getting a lot of bad breaks, with liners hit right to defenders, and big flys caught on the warning track.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm very tired and was watching spordically while I worked; is there nothing better we could do down by one run with a runner on than Kendall and Counsell?
Yeah sure Kendall did have 2 hits yesterday. But at some point Macha might want to think about pinch hitting Rivera for Kendall late in games. I'm not saying Rivera is a world beater and its a small sample but since he has been a Brewer every time he gets a chance he seems to make the most of it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived