Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-13 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (Gallardo) 7:05PM CDT [Brewers Lose 7-6]

adamb100
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-for-12 with RISP tonight. Just one of those maddening games.

The good news is that they're still only down by 1 run. Hopefully they can put up another 0 here and find a way to send it into extras.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm all for walks, but with a man on 3rd and two outs, I'd hope that either Braun or Fielder might attempt to get a hit. If Braun, Fielder, and Hardy don't pick it up, our vaunted offense will go nowhere while our pitchers walk in runs.

bobskube,

my theory for Braun's slow start is because he's seen a steady diet of belt-high fastballs and hanging sliders, and swung through all of them. The walks are because he's learning to be patient, but the strikeouts on meaty pitches is concerning

I have a weird theory that Braun is just not right. There is no way that he would take this many walks unless something really was.
or he really is learning how to take pitches. This is the first 3 walk game of his career
He's not seeing many hittable pitches, and he's starting to hold off on them. I don't think there's anything to be too worried about.
You may run like Mays...

"I'm all for walks, but with a man on 3rd and two outs, I'd hope that either Braun or Fielder might attempt to get a hit."

They got no pitches to hit. Got to trust your teammates in those situations or you just get yourself out.

Is it wrong that I would rather that Braun or Fielder swung at stuff outside of the zone than have JJ with the runs on the line in that situation? I'm not down on JJ at all, just know that he's struggling right now...
JJ has looked better the last few days, had hit a jack earlier in the game, and had better numbers against Weathers than Prince or Braunie, I didn't mind seeing him there.

Is it wrong that I would rather that Braun or Fielder swung at stuff outside of the zone than have JJ with the runs on the line in that situation? I'm not down on JJ at all, just know that he's struggling right now...
JJ has looked better the last few days, had hit a jack earlier in the game, and had better numbers against Weathers than Prince or Braunie, I didn't mind seeing him there.
Agreed. I'm just impatient and really think we needed to score that inning and while I think JJs coming on, I think that he pretty much used it up already this inning. It's much the same with Kendall. Last time he was up he had two singles, a run and a walk. So of course he hit into a DP. That's how things work.

Agreed. I'm just impatient and really think we needed to score that inning and while I think JJs coming on, I think that he pretty much used it up already this inning. It's much the same with Kendall. Last time he was up he had two singles, a run and a walk. So of course he hit into a DP. That's how things work.
Yeah, I hear you, the main problem I had with the walks was the aforementioned Kendall sighting we're about to experience!

Archived