Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-13 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (Gallardo) 7:05PM CDT [Brewers Lose 7-6]

adamb100
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than a few exciting Brewer games to close out last season, and one good night from Badger basketball in March, it's been pretty hard to get too excited about anything in Wisconsin sports since the pummeling the Crew took in that Cubs sweep last year.

That a boy JJ! Help the Brewers and my fantasy team!

Same here, him and Corey both tonight. Hopefully Braun can do the same. (Yes, I made the deadly fantasy sin of stocking my team with Brewers)

Anyway, I don't know if Volzquez' chuckling there as JJ rounds the bases is a sign of cockiness or just a wry sense of humor...I'm apt to believe the latter.

Id be interested to know how many baserunners Braun has stranded since the home opener. Seems everytime he has come up the past week there have been guys on base he hasnt delivered any of them.
Yeah tough start for him for sure. I do remember him starting a bit slow last season as well and then in middle May got it going.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

This Prince Boys and Girls Club commercial with him telling the kid who's upset by his performance "Yeah, but you and your teammates never gave up when you were down and the going got tough. That's much more important." always makes me wish he'd just come right out and call the kid a "gritty battler."

If there is a silver lining to Braun's start he does seem to be taking more pitches. A two walk night for him is pretty rare.
I agree, and my impression is that he's not seeing a lot of strikes. He's taken a lot of hit-able first pitches, and then seeing a lot of stuff off the plate. I think if he shows he can be patient consistently things will turn around because they'll have to start throwing more strikes.
You may run like Mays...

Archived