Brewer Fanatic

What do you think of Weeks' approach?

mnevis

I have noticed Rickie going to right center a lot lately. Although he has hit right at the fielders (Winn in SF comes to mind), I have been encouraged by him trying to go the other way. I am certain his spray chart is more balanced than ever before. I believe this is the best indication of the "light coming on". Thoughts???

He has always had three problems so far in his career. Too many strike outs, too many pop outs, not enough line drives.

I don't know what a simple change in approach to right field will fix those issues, the modified batting stance might fix some of it though.

He has always had three problems so far in his career. Too many strike outs, too many pop outs, not enough line drives.

I don't know what a simple change in approach to right field will fix those issues

Hitting to right field makes it easier to hit breaking balls, and the inability to hit breaking balls has caused Weeks to be strikeout prone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Ennder, do you believe the changes (his stance and arc of his swing) have allowed him to go to right more often or is it a conscious effort on his part? I can see him beginning to give advance scouts food for thought. Maybe he can get some pitches middle in to hammer.

Could be, I don't know enough to judge. The stance very well may allow him to go the opposite way with pitches he normally would pop out or flat out miss. We just need to see more of the season to figure it out.

The thing that I like about Rickie's stance this year is that he is not waving that bat so much and it seems as if his timing has benefited from that. I have been impressed with his approach this year, but it is a small sample so far. I will wait to hold by judgment on him until he gets a significant amount of at bats this season.

Archived