Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-12 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers Lose 8-5]

thablingster
The Brewers don"t realy have the Horses in their Pitching Staff and after the first week it has shown big time

I think the pitching is decent but the Cubs just have more horses on offense. They've just outscored us. Macca will figure out the various spots for the relievers and Hoffman's return (hopefully late this month) will help the pieces fall into place. Suppan has pitched a third of our games so that makes it look worse than it really is also.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marmol is my least favorite player in baseball now~. He gets so many ridiculous strike calls because the movement seems to confuse the umpire. Means every hitter is off balance against him because they have no clue if a ball 3 inches off the plate is going to be called a strike or not.

Like that first strike against Hart was a ball all night for both teams, gives a strike for Marmol for some reason.

No, Jon, Johnson took three runs away...let's get it straight.
I dunno what he said but he took 2 runs away since 2 of the runs scored anyway.
He said Johnson took four runs away with that play...I guess I took it he meant in that one play alone.

Anyway, I agree with you that this isn't too upsetting seeing the black holes of our rotation and bullpen (Suppan/Julio) have taken so many innings and they played on the West Coast and against the cream of the NL...even today I feel like the Cubs were gifted two runs, so this particular series has been pretty close in my mind.

I said the same thing ennder about that pitch to Hart. It was three inches outside. Marmol is good enough without that joke strike zone.

He has had that strike zone each of the last 2 years and it is consistent with every crew out there, I know cause I've owned him in fantasy and watched a lot of his outings. He has a bigger strike zone than Maddux in his prime and that is saying a lot, I've seen him throw a pitch a foot out of the zone and get a strike more than a couple of times.

But yeah it is more annoying that this game would be 6-6 without a Cub player getting hurt than anything else. Even their freakin injuries have turned the series their way.

Looks and sounds like all the Brewers fans have left (except for The Doorman...I still spy him and his wife over there)...starting to see lots of empty seats and hearing "Let's Go Cubbies" chants

Well, now I can understand why. Stetter started off so well there...

The biggest surprise to this series to me is how much more Pinella seems to want it than Macha even though the game probably means more to us than them as the division favorites. He has burned his bullpen, pinch hit with an injured player, is about to use his closer in a non save situation etc. Macha is managing like he doesn't want to stress out his bullpen or bench.

Pinella has played this like it is the world series, Macha like the games just don't matter.

The biggest surprise to this series to me is how much more Pinella seems to want it than Macha even though the game probably means more to us than them as the division favorites. He has burned his bullpen, pinch hit with an injured player, is about to use his closer in a non save situation etc. Macha is managing like he doesn't want to stress out his bullpen or bench.

Pinella has played this like it is the world series, Macha like the games just don't matter.

If Pinella breaks his toys his rich Dad will just buy him new ones.

Can you imagine how drunk you could get if you played a drinking game along with sunday night baseball where you take a drink everytime Joe Morgan starts a sentence with "I...

Not as drunk as if you just took a drink every time Kendall grounded out weakly to 3B.

As we prepare for the final ovation in this game, at what point do we (or at least those of us really bothered by this) just quietly accept the fact that many Brewer ticket holders will continue to sell out when the Cubs are in town?

Archived