Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-12 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers Lose 8-5]

thablingster
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just said we lost CC and Sheets and didnt' replace them with anyone... did they forget Looper and Gallardo?

Hall should never bat over Counsell against a righty with the bases empty. Why dump a .350 OBP for a .300 OBP.

The pitching performance has been miserable, but this strike zone is an absolute joke

It has but you have to adjust to it, you can't just keep throwing on the corners that aren't getting called and expect the ump to change how he is calling it. That was Suppan's biggest early though he completely fell apart at the end there and wasn't anywhere close to strikes.

The Brewers don"t realy have the Horses in their Pitching Staff and after the first week it has shown big time

Sorry but I really disagree with this, fans jump to all kinds of goofy conclusions early and this is one of them. Gallardo, Parra, Bush, Looper is a very solid front 4, competitive with the majority of teams in baseball. If Suppan can revert to his boring 4.75 ERA self he is fine as a #5.

The bullpen isn't anything special but it isn't a disaster either. Once Hoffman is back as closer and CV can move back to setup it makes things a lot better too.

No, Jon, Johnson took three runs away...let's get it straight.
I dunno what he said but he took 2 runs away since 2 of the runs scored anyway.

It is easy to get down on the team but we are facing the team most people think is the best in the NL and we have been outscored by 3 runs so far over 3 games while throwing our 3 worst pitchers against their 3 best. I find it hard to take this as some sort of huge negative.

Archived