Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-12 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers Lose 8-5]

thablingster
Why do teams throw Braun strikes? It makes no sense to me. He'll go lunging after that slider off the plate every single time.

Great point. His strike zone has been gradually expanding. Might be a victim of his own success. If he can tighten things up and take an occasional BB his power numbers would jump.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was out and the inning should have been over
Rickie could have made the umpires call a lot easier had he not made a poor throw, but if that's his only mistake after 5+ games, that's not too bad.
I agree but to me its a moot point because Prince made the dig and I really don't think that short hop slowed the throw down. I was at the game you could see pretty clearly with the naked eye that the throw beat him. Bad call and of course it had to happen against the Cubs. I wasn't trying to disagree with you saying the throw wasn't good, but I really don't think you can say that Ricke cost us the game.

We really have to quit letting Dempster off the hook. And what a shock - Bradley is hurt

I defended SUppan that first game because he hit his spots but just got hit, but this is just ridiculous the number of balls he has thrown today. 64 pitches, 32 balls. Even if he gets out of this and pitches a solid next inning this was a terrible outing.

Archived