Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-12 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers Lose 8-5]

thablingster
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously it stinks the way the game started, but it really did not surprise me one bit as we have seen what Soriano can do when he is hot. What bothers me is the fact that just about every pitch he made the rest of the inning was a quality pitch and thanks to JJ he had to throw about 15 extra pithes (just a guess, I didn't actually look up the number)

That Cubs fan falling over the railing was pretty funny.

The Brewers are set up to get at least one here, lets hope they can capitalize.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Good swing by Corey there - I can't fault him at all. I thought maybe with the bat breaking like that it would die in front of Bradley but it really carried quite a bit. Just missed it. At least we got the run back and got the pitch count up. What was it btw?

Must say Rickie is looking pretty good on D so far this year.
It was only a weakly hit ground ball right to him, but I totally agree. He isn't thinking and rushing anything. He's just "fluid" and seems to know what he is doing in the field right now.

I honestly think Soup looks pretty good tonight. The first pitch was a mistake but he has recovered nicely.

Anyone else having problems with their HD picture tonight? When they go to the view from behind the mound the background is looking pretty grainy for me...

Besides his botched throw on a potential DP yesterday that cost us the game. Otherwise, yeah.

Prince dug that throw and it was an out that the ump missed. If you really want to point to that as costing us the game, you really have to look at the ump there. Not saying it was a good throw, but it happens and who is to say a throw would have gotten there any quicker? He was out and the inning should have been over

Must say Rickie is looking pretty good on D so far this year.
He is 7th in UZR/150 at 2B so far this year. He was improved last year as well, especially in the first half. The question is just consistency, can he keep it up over a full season.

Archived