Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-12 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers Lose 8-5]

thablingster
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We started 2-4 but against two solid teams. The easy wins against the Pirates are still ahead of us.
I'm much more impressed with us losing two relatively close ones at home to the Cubs than getting chumped twice on the road by the Giants...that particular "solid team" just got swept by the Padres this weekend. To be fair, it's always been hard for us to win series on the West Coast, I suppose.

Brewers really beat themselves this one.

At the very least, the Cubs just figured out they signed Eric Gagne. Marmol will have to close...that's good news in the long run.
And not that I'm cheering an injury, but we knew Bradley would go down eventually, and it seems he has early.

Of course, that means Johnson can have another big season and some other Edmonds-type who appears totally gassed out (Trot Nixon?!?!?) can come on and be world-beaters for them.

This pitching staff is just freaking brutal and I blame Subban (2 b's intentional for his walks) for the extra pitches that are being thrown. Too bad the Crew couldn't have added one more starter to bump Subban to the long reliever. He is just killing this pitching staff....
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

The Giants have a strong top end of the rotation. We have Suppan.

Sveum said Cain pitched better than both Lindecum and the Big Unit. Looks like we won't have the West to kick around any more either. If you're not moving forward you're falling behind. Needed to do more this off season considering we don't have MLB ready pitching coming out of the minors.

The Giants have a strong top end of the rotation. We have Suppan.
True.

So it would've made all the more sense for Macha to line them up Yo-Parra-Looper...if the idea is to "sacrifice" a game for better matchups, well, it's worked so far. Kind of.

Oh, it's about "pressure"? Well, good job there, too. Yo probably really enjoyed chilling out this weekend.

Whatever happened to using a knuckleball pitcher? Have their times come & gone? If we just have a pitcher in the rotation to eat up innings it would seem like a better option than Suppan.

Can we get Pedro Martinez on speed dial? I'm sure he could not be much worse than Suppan is pitching this year. The optimistic part of me wants to say it is only 2 games, but after watching him in September and the Playoffs, that optimism was gone long ago!

Can we get Pedro Martinez on speed dial? I'm sure he could not be much worse than Suppan is pitching this year. The optimistic part of me wants to say it is only 2 games, but after watching him in September and the Playoffs, that optimism was gone long ago!
You would have to think that at least has to be in the back of Melvin's mind. Unless he has no interest in going to Milwaukee? You would think he would take any suitor though...

You would have to think that at least has to be in the back of Melvin's mind. Unless he has no interest in going to Milwaukee? You would think he would take any suitor though...
I'm fairly certain that Pedro wants no part of Milwaukee. He'll end up in L.A. or Anaheim in June.

Say what you want about our city but it's just not attractive to the big name egos in baseball.

Was at the game and it was ugly. About 50% Cubs fans and it was really hard listening to them basically laugh as we walked in 4 runs in an inning. I haven't seen such poor control of the strike zone since JV baseball. Decided to pick up tickets off of stubhub for tomorrow just to see a real pitcher.

I honestly can't stand Suppan anymore. I was all in favor of the signing before, but tonight was just horrible. Having to watch him walk into the dugout with his head down and just set his glove down put on a jacket and take a seat was utterly frustrating. I'm not saying I wanted to see him punch a wall or anything, but at least display some emotion about how poorly you just competed on national TV. I know the classy veteran move is to take it in stride, but I would think that another veteran move would be to throw strikes instead of walking in 3 runs in one inning. It was really hard to stick to my resolution of not booing Brewer players for any reason.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Well....

In my traditional quest to find at least one positive thing to say about every game I attend, I would have to say I've been in worse cub climates.

Also, Kevin Gregg must really suck, because his ERA is currently worse than Jeff Suppan's. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Our section 217 was probably 75% Brewers fans. Later in the season, I will be giving the stink eye to season ticket holders who obviously sold out to let that 25% in. 218, next door, was worse on the cub-fan-o-meter. In the middle loge, the cub fans were at least relatively benign, especially considering all the material they had to work with.

I did begin to dream of Jake Peavy before Soup was finally yanked.

On a brighter note, I saw no fewer than four bf.net posters - sgtcluels, ewizabeff, bensheeps and entourage, plus I met tristarscoop and BF. I was happy to see you all.

It is nice to get the cubs game out of the way; the only positive in opening the home season against them.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived