Brewer Fanatic

Why does AM1610 exist?

InsomniacInkRoss

I have never been anywhere in the city where AM1610 (the 'tune here when flashing' radio station) has come in as anything recognizable

It's just garbled unpleasant static and a terrible computerized voice

Is there a law that says it has to exist? Does the DOT or city think it's helping people?

there is another radio station that has traffic alert with a monotone guy, but that's something like 1180. that's what they have signs for on the freeway, we listened to it for a minute on the way into the Keg on Friday, just to see what the lines were like.

Are you sure that's the right frequency you're referring to? I can't find a reference to it on the web...radio-locator.com, which is usually pretty reliable, doesn't list 610 AM as a Milwaukee station either.
1610 has been around for a long time... and never once helped anyone get anywhere.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/be8255812e9df1bd5d305317674663bba4e12f8.jpg

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

At the end of last season, I was going to a sell out game and was in a ton of traffic. I remembered the 1610 thing, and flipped it on. I must have preset it because in the dead I winter I was flipping through A.M. radio and a Miller Park traffic report from the same playoff game I was at was still on the air. I left it go for a bit for a nice flashback.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I put on 1180 on the way to the stadium on opening day, and it was just the robot voice saying "tune in to this station for Miller Park traffi c information" on repeat, with no actual info. It was only after I changed over to 620 when I was informed that I had just wasted the lasthour sitting in traffic, and that the stadium lots were sold out.

Archived