Brewer Fanatic

Anyway to watch the game on TV tonight?

bigjase
For those of us who don't live in Milwaukee, is there anyway to see the game for free tonight at home? I thought MLB.com usually had a free preview, but I can't find anything on the net about it. We live in Oshkosh and have TW cable, so we are stuck with the Bucks.

I remember complaining about it last year, but can anyone remind me why FSN shows a terrible Bucks team late in the season that is limping toward another year of missed playoffs over a Brewers team that made the playoffs last year and has as much interest in them across the state as anytime in the last 25 years?

Did the Bucks just negotiate a better deal whereby if there was ever a conflict with them and the Brewers FSN MUST show the Bucks, or does FSN have options and just too clueless to do anything about it?

Yeah, it seems like every year for the last several years, we have to see FSN broadcast a bunch of meaningless Bucks games instead of the Brewers, early in the baseball season. You'd think the Brewers would get precedence since I imagine the ratings would be much better for them at this point.

I don't know if I can mention this on this forum, but a lot of people on the JSOnline Brewers blog mention some program called TVants that they use to watch Brewers games online.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I believe direct tv has free preview for the extra innings package until the 12th of april.
Yup - http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/42415397.html

DirecTV has it on the channel guide for 721 tonight... hoping there's not a bogus blackout

Even after the free preview week, there might be a chance for WMLW games to continue being shown on Extra Innings channels. Last season, we'd find non-FSN broadcast showing up on those channels with the block lifted at those time. Not sure it was suppose to happen that way, but glad it did and hope it's an option this year.

When I was a kid I used to get mad because I couldn't find Bucks play-offs games on the radio (no ESPN in those days, and no Green Bay station carried Eddie Doucette and the Bucks broadcasts) because the Brewers were always on the stations that carried the Bucks. Now, when the Brewers are the better team and watch games instead of listening to them, the Bucks get precedent. In defense of FSN, had the Bucks stayed in the play-offs and the late season games weren't on, there would have been a lot of complaining about that. I was never mad about the Bucks being on during the George Karl-Glenn Robinson-Sam Cassell-Ray Allen days. I can't believe it, but I am starting to think of those as "good old days" the way I used to think of the Lynn Dickey era as "good old days" for the Packers.

I'll probably be stuck with the WGN feed as well, but it is currently listed on my Comcast Extra Innings

I like how this one's starting late enough for me to be able to see it, those Saturday afternoon blackouts for Fox on EI drove me nuts last year.

We will get to see our Brewers again once the Bucks move. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later.

Why do you want the Bucks to move so badly? I fail to understand how Milwaukee losing its NBA franchise is a good thing for anybody.

We will get to see our Brewers again once the Bucks move. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later.
About 5-6 years ago, the Brewers were where the Bucks are today. Few outside the die hards gave a crap. How would you have liked it if at that juncture, a fan of the Bucks, who were much more relevant at the time, made the same statement, because a Brewer game was preempting a game with actual playoff implications?

There is no "our" Brewers or "our" Bucks. You speak for your own interests. Ultimately, the average local sports fan will support any major sports winner (like in 00-01, when the BC was declared the loudest building in the NBA). But they won't have that opportunity w/ the Bucks if they are in Seattle or Las Vegas.

According to my guide WGN will be showing the Bulls game. So two NBA games on cable... yay. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Although, since i have MLB.tv I should probably be able to watch it the same way i watch the blacked out Saturday and Sunday games.

If you have MLB.tv and you live somewhere there is a black out you can get a proxie from http://www.proxy4free.com/ from a location thats not blacked out and you can use that so it thinks you're somewhere else. Right now i'm watching the Houston v Cardinals game even though its suppose to be blocked out for all of the United States. I just used a Veitnam proxie. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived