Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-11 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Bush): 6:05PM CDT [Brewers Lose 6-5]

adamb100
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else just see that Cub outfielder celebration as disrespectful?
I'd turned the game off right after the called strike, what happened

Saturday night game, dramatic Cubs win...yeah, there's gonna be a dust-up or two in the parking lots

Yeah, Soriano and Ramirez always seem to have our number.

For those at the game, what did the break down of Cubs fans to Brewers fans seem like?

Still can't believe how un-clutch Braun and Fielder were there at the end. Especially Fielder not protecting on 2 strikes.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Agreed with Series, at least a third of the teams in baseball celebrate with the outfielders jump high fiving, it isn't as much of a signature to the Brewers as the untuck is.

Marmol's control on his slider is unreal. He won't be a fun guy to face for the next however many years he is in Chicago.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Am I imagining that? Did Prince look at three straight strikes with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th?

To be fair to him at least 1 of those pitches and maybe 2 of them were balls. The last one was a strike for sure though, he was just guessing a different pitch. The thing with Marmol is he has so much movement that not even the ump has a clue whether it is a strike or not without instant replay~.

I don't know if it's the aforementioned numbness to this situation, or that the Brewers finally made the playoffs last year so I'm not as pent up, or that my expectations this year are relatively lower anyway, or that it's still early, or what, but I'm just not as enraged or depressed by this as I would've been the last few years.

I mean, I'm not particularly pleased, and I'm sure if I was at MP and some NIU frat kid from Schaumburg or attorney from Glencoe with a crisp brand new Cubs jersey was up in my grill I'd have a hard time keeping my emotions in check, but for now I'm most upset with Brad Fischer and the waste of a middling Zambano start.

Marmol was filthy. Braun seemed impatient at the plate the last two games...he swung at some bad pitches. The first 2 strikes to Prince were unhittable.

Much like the Cubs losing on some little things yesterday, so did the Brewers tonight. Fisher holding Hart in the 1st, the bad double play call (although a better throw from Rickie makes it obvious), Fontenot's AB meant we'd face Soriano...and finally the meatball into Soriano's wheelhouse.

I find it frustrating how the Brewers pitch Soriano...even CC struggled with him last year. The guy crushes balls at the knees.

I feel the same way SF...frustrating to blow a shot at stealing one, but its a long season. They'll be there, but so will we.

I'm more frustrated with Fisher too. Everyone complained about Sveum last year, but I thought he was great at 3B. I like being aggressive. Even if you get a few out by a mile plays that look horrible, overall they picked up a few runs by their aggressiveness. That and a better turn by Rickie or at least the right call...we're talking about gravy day tomorrow.

Much like the Cubs losing on some little things yesterday, so did the Brewers tonight.
Exactly, they were like mirror images. In the big picture, it seemed like the Cubs should've won yesterday and the Brewers should've won tonight. The scores of course say something differently.

The strange thing is, I thought getting Theriot out in the 8th was huge--I really thought he'd have been the backbreaker in the 9th and when he came up in the 8th I was pretty nervous.

Can't underrate Heileman in the 8th, either--the Brewers went down with a whimper when they really could've stood to produce at least one more there.

I find it frustrating how the Brewers pitch Soriano...even CC struggled with him last year. The guy crushes balls at the knees.
I agree. If there is one pitch you don't throw to Soriano, it's a fastball at the knees. It's as if that is the only pitch he is looking for.

Archived