Brewer Fanatic

interesting article about siblings of the disabled

Thurston Fluff

I just read a very nice article about living with a disabled sibling. I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes care of a special needs sibling so thought I'd share.

http://www.postcrescent.c...101/904100457/1003/APC01

It is so true about the siblings of the disabled not getting any sort of help. We had kids, many of which had some sort of disability go through our house all the time while growing up. To the tune of 60ish total and though every one of them got all the counseling they needed not once did anyone actually think it might be useful to help the kids sharing their house and parents with total strangers or help them deal with the disabled. Not complaining about it and wouldn't change those experiences for the world but just always seemed like such an obvious oversight. Anyway for those who have to deal with it as well you are not alone.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived