Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-10 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Looper): 3:05 PM CDT (Brewers Opening Day) [Brewers win 4-3]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, now the Cubs are going to realize that Gregg shouldn't be their closer.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I hope so, that team is worse with Marmol locked into the 9th inning and Gregg getting the higher leverage secondary spots.

Koyie Hill, expect a letter from the commissioner's office. What a temper tantrum... Weeks was safe and it wasn't even close.

Any chance Hill gets suspended for that? Also any chance it is before Soto is ready to come back?

I agree that we needed Weeks' speed on that one. He was safe on that entirely because Theriot knew he had to hurry it to the plate, and thus threw it off-balance. Great game for him, I really hope this is his year. If he keeps up this run scoring rate, he'll cement himself in the lead-off spot. On another note, according to ESPN, Rickie plays a pretty good second base. I know his penchant for both the spectacular and the boneheaded, has he really improved to above average with the glove?

Nice to pick up a low-scoring dramatic win at home against the Cubs after that mostly disheartening series in SF

Cubs practically gifted that one to us, but at least the Brew Crew didn't do anything to not be able to take advantage of it.

I don't think much of Kevin Gregg, so with him pitching in the 8th and with the Cubs using so many relievers to get to him, I felt good about our chances to score in the 9th. I was afraid we would give up a couple in the top of the 9th until I saw CV out there. That strategy was a departure from the past. However, I would bet that Macha wouldn't have used Hoffman in that situation.

I'm not sure Rickie was jogging, it just takes a few steps to get up to full speed. I think he is only 1 of maybe 4 guys on the team that get in there safely.

He definitely was jogging, I think he was assuming they'd attempt the dp and it would come down to Braun being safe or not.

Why on earth was Soriano still in the game? I thought Fukudome was a decent defender, and they took him out and left Soriano in? Thanks Lou!!

And the irony is that NSBB thinks BRAUN is a butcher in left field! Thanks Alfonso, for the bad read, and for not calling Theriot off for the bloop double earlier. It's hilarious to see the circling vultures fighting over who is more of a scapegoat, Gregg, Sori, Theriot or Lou for his overmanagement! Happy days, if only for one night!

NOW it's a Good Friday...

Archived