Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-10 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Looper): 3:05 PM CDT (Brewers Opening Day) [Brewers win 4-3]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rickie's play up the middle was a very nice play, Braun taking defensive swings with the bases loaded, not a nice play.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I think early in Ken Macha's tenure, he's left a lot to be desired, tactically. I don't understand the logic of not intentionally walking Hill w/ one out to set up the double play and force the Cubs to remove Marmol, there.

I think Hart's odds of reaching base after falling down 0-2 to Marmol were about 1 in 20.

Considering opposing batters have an OBP of .060 after falling 0-2 to Marmol, Harts chances were probably worse than that.

Well .060 would be about 1 in 17, so 1 in 20 would be a bit worse than average.

I don't think he should have walked hill to get to Marmol. Lou showed that he would pinch hit, and even if he didn't they would just tell Marmol to take every pitch so that Soriano comes up with 2 on and 2 out. If you get hill you have a chance to get out of the inning with out ever seeing Soriano.

Well, hold them for another inning, I guess. I wasn't expecting to win this game, but it'd be nice to steal one in the 9th.
I've been hearing this kind of thing from many Brewers fans thus far this season...with all due respect, why shouldn't we expect the Brewers to channel the homefield intensity of their opener to win? I realize the pundits think the Cubs are better, but I don't get all the doom and gloom. Not singling you out, just mentioning one example. Maybe I'm not expecting them to win each game, but I'm certainly hoping they win these games.

I feel like I'm not picking up on something everyone else seems to know about these Brewers. I'm borderline frustrated by the start to the season so far. I love the Brewers and I'm not a knee-jerk or a fair weather fan...but this team IS talented.

Well, hold them for another inning, I guess. I wasn't expecting to win this game, but it'd be nice to steal one in the 9th.
I've been hearing this kind of thing from many Brewers fans thus far this season...with all due respect, why shouldn't we expect the Brewers to channel the homefield intensity of their opener to win? I realize the pundits think the Cubs are better, but I don't get all the doom and gloom. Not singling you out, just mentioning one example. Maybe I'm not expecting them to win each game, but I'm certainly hoping they win these games.

It's definitely not doom and gloom for me, I was just referring to the Cubs mostly outplaying the Brewers today. Harden was great, and I don't think anyone expected them to win this one. As I type that, Rickie finally gets one to fall, and it hits the base of the wall. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Nice to hear tons of cheers once that one got past Soriano, too.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It's definitely not doom and gloom for me, I was just referring to the Cubs mostly outplaying the Brewers today. Harden was great, and I don't think anyone expected them to win this one. As I type that, Rickie finally gets one to fall, and it hits the base of the wall. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Nice to hear tons of cheers once that one got past Soriano, too.

You're right...Harden was great. When he's healthy, he's terrifying for a Brewers fan. But man, I felt like the Crew would come out today and take it to the Cubs anyways. Go Brewers!

Archived