Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-10 Cubs (Harden) at Brewers (Looper): 3:05 PM CDT (Brewers Opening Day) [Brewers win 4-3]

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Lou went to a lefty so will we bring in a righty? I hate the move of leaving Counsell in to face a lefty. You burned the out with a bunt, you can't burn another out with a hopeless matchup. You have to be willing to blow that extra player now to get a good matchup.

Yost would have left Counsell in probably for his 'grit'. Looks like Macha wants the grit too, too bad.

Like it or not, I think Counsell will end up being #1 option off the bench for Macha.

If he can hit singles like he's done recently I won't mind him being our first option. He makes the most out of a plate appearance and hits a bit better in the clutch.

Logan, wouldn't you expect to see a better walk to K ratio from guys you don't consider free swingers?

I don't think K's should really be taken into account when talking about free swingers. As ennder pointed out in a different thread a month or so back, most would consider Johnny Estrada a free swinger and he rarely struck out. So a free swinger to me boils down to looking at walk rates and BA/OBP splits. I guess looking at P/PA would be another way as well. In that case Kendall was around Braun and Hart last year so he could be considered a free swinger as well and Hall wouldn't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Was that ball hit solidly by weeks? Seems like his luck so far this season isn't any better than last year.

Yeah it was, if it were a little bit more to the right he would have had a single. It wasn't a smash or anything, but it was hit hard.

If nothing else we got Marmol's pitch count up there a bit making his job tougher next inning. Still hope we plate some runs here.

Hart should've been struck out there...thank goodness this ump stinks.

Please come through here, Brauny...I have takeout waiting for me that's getting cold because this inning is dragging on. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived