Brewer Fanatic

Nick Adenhart (22 yo Angels pitcher) killed in hit and run accident

In a terribly shocking and sad story, Angel pitcher Nick Adenhart was reportedly killed by a hit and run driver on the way home from last night's game in which he had just pitched 6 scoreless innings. Adenhart's car was hit broadside by a minivan that had run a red light. Adenhart was just 22.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, teammates, and the Angel organization. What a terrible way to start the season.

Edit: LINK TO STORY

Holy crap that sucks. He was a very promising young pitcher. You never like to see these kind of accidents but they happen all the time. Angels fans probably had a pretty good high after his outing yesterday only to be devastated by this news. I wish his family the best

The good news, if you can even call it that, is that the gutless driver of the hit and run vehicle was caught. How can you have so little respect for human life that you run away after hitting someone like that?

I saw this on the news ticker and was just shocked. I was looking forward to Adenhart's promising career. He seemed to have a good feel for pitching. Drunk driving kills thousands of people every year. Our state is among the worst for this.

The article says another member of the Angels organization was also in the car and was killed. Has anyone heard who that might be? I suppose it could be anyone from a front office person to another player but one would think if it was someone with a high profile that they would have been mentioned already. That is unless the family hasn't been notified yet

What a sad story. I would guess there game tonight would be postponed for sure.

Stunning. I heard it on the radio about an hour ago while running errands and my jaw literally dropped. Yes, baseball really doesn't matter at this point in time. My prayers are with the Angels team and Nick Adenhart's family. Also to the family of whoever else was in the car with him. What a tragedy.

Absolutely tragic. This would be similar to Manny Parra being killed in a car crash. I wish the best to Mr. Adenhart's family, and to the Angels this season. Now they'll have their own 'angel' looking down on them. RIP

I was hoping we'd try and aquire Adenhart and prospects in the offseason due their their surplus of pitching at the time. With Lackey and Santana on the DL, Adehnart got his shot. It's really too bad. He was a great pitcher and I got a chance to see him pitch at Spring Training at Tempe Diablo Stadium. I'm absolutely shocked.

This is terrible news and must be devastating for his family and teammates. I'm glad they caught the scumbag who did it. I guess drunk drivers don't always drive better when they've had a few, like I hear on an almost weekly basis in this state...

"On a side note...it makes me sick looking on Ebay and seeing all the "newly listed" items for this guy" Wow. That is horrible.

When the Wisconsin State Journal ran an article on my stepson, and his rare skin disease - we got lots of calls from people wishing us well and offering support, but we also heard from several people trying to sell us one miracle cure or another...we really got a look at both sides of human nature.

When I started giving consideration to trading Fielder to the Angels he was one of the pitchers I was looking at and following, I really liked what the Angels and Rays had going on... It's tragic that so many lives are cut short each year for nothing more than irresponsible behavior on the part of others.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived