Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-09 Brewers (Parra) at Giants (Cain): 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-1]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cripes. Corey Hart leads off with a double, and Jason Kendall grounds out to SS on the first pitch.

Looks like Cain has hung a few of his offspeed pitches. The change to Prince was up, that curveball to Corey hung a little bit.

Randy Wynn might be a real good OFer, but I've seen him make some straight up ugly catches in RF. A lot of those basket type catches where you're really not sure if he's going to make the catch or not. Could be a touch wind at that park, or a tough place to see, or whatever. Just my opinion.

Could be a touch wind at that park, or a tough place to see, or whatever. Just my opinion.

According to gameday the wind is blowing out to right field at 13 mph. So it's probably part wind and I'm also guessing it's partly due to the dimensions. That's an odd right field.

According to gameday, there's been a few pitches out of the strike zone that have been strikes for Cain and a few pitches in the strike zone for Parra that have been called balls.

Good old-fashioned pitching duel so far. So many close calls early, but at least Manny's looking good tonight. I wasn't able to watch any spring games, so it's going to take me awhile to seeing him wear #26.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Looks like Manny's still having trouble working very deep into games. It's looking like the Giants are starting to make more solid contact in every AB, and that leadoff walk to Cain is pretty bad.

Edit: Costly error by Counsell letting the run score, but it's hard to fault anyone...looks like he slipped as he was throwing across the diamond, and that caused the ball to sail on him a bit. How about a nice DP to end this inning?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived