Brewer Fanatic

Any Brewers fans in Alaska?

jjkoestler
I'm moving to Fairbanks for grad school in August, and it would be great to meet up with some Crew fans for a true arctic tailgate.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I'm a Brewer fan FROM Alaska. Does that count?

I wouldn't worry, there are plenty of Wisconsonites in the AK.

Top Favorite NFL teams in Anchorage anyway . . .

1) San Francisco (?)

2) Seattle

3) Green Bay

4) Dallas (a lot of oil field people from Texas)

5) Vikings (stupid minnesotans also bring up live Northern Pike and stock the lakes illegally and they immediately destroy the trout population)

5) Vikings (stupid minnesotans also bring up live Northern Pike and stock the lakes illegally and they immediately destroy the trout population)
Sorry if this is off topic but I want to get this straight. People from Minnesota bring fish to Alaska and put them in a lake to catch? Why not just catch the fish that are native to Alaska? If you like catching Northern Pike so much why not just stay in Minnesota and catch Northern Pike? That is so stupid. It's like rounding up a bunch of whitetail deer and flying then to Africa then hunting them on a safari.

Sadly, I've read about people stocking streams in the western US with Pike. Never heard about it in Alaska though. It absolutely destroys fish populations.

Edgar, What do you know about Fairbanks besides its cold. How's the fishing? Is there any kind of nightlife? Should I plan on making trips to Anchorage for anything?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Sorry if this is off topic but I want to get this straight. People from Minnesota bring fish to Alaska and put them in a lake to catch? Why not just catch the fish that are native to Alaska?
Everything is better in Minnesota. Grayling? Salmon? Trout? Screw 'em Pike are better!
Edgar, What do you know about Fairbanks besides its cold. How's the fishing? Is there any kind of nightlife? Should I plan on making trips to Anchorage for anything?
Fairbanks is it own city, the University is top notch (Thanks, Ted Stevens!) there's not a lot to do in the winter but study and I hope you like fighting over women!

Screw Anchorage (a six hour drive in good conditions), get on a boat or plane and visit a village or two to see a village along the Yukon or two. Places in the USA that are third world like and don't have roads are something to behold. Fishing the Yukon is pretty cool too, in the summer of course. The rivers all freeze solid in winter.

Sorry if this is off topic but I want to get this straight. People from Minnesota bring fish to Alaska and put them in a lake to catch? Why not just catch the fish that are native to Alaska? If you like catching Northern Pike so much why not just stay in Minnesota and catch Northern Pike? That is so stupid. It's like rounding up a bunch of whitetail deer and flying then to Africa then hunting them on a safari.
These are the same people who don't know the difference between a grey duck, and a goose, so i would expect this kind of thing.

http://mr-verb.blogspot.c...duck-duck-gray-duck.html

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Fairbanks is it own city, the University is top notch (Thanks, Ted Stevens!) there's not a lot to do in the winter but study and I hope you like fighting over women!

Screw Anchorage (a six hour drive in good conditions), get on a boat or plane and visit a village or two to see a village along the Yukon or two. Places in the USA that are third world like and don't have roads are something to behold. Fishing the Yukon is pretty cool too, in the summer of course. The rivers all freeze solid in winter.

The professors I've spoken with in the business department (I'm getting my MBA) seem pretty solid so far. I plan on taking my heaviest course loads November - March because I figured it would be tough to venture outside much. Fortunately for me I am bringing a woman with me, otherwise I'm sure it would be rough going. Although the university is 60/40 women to men.

A trip to the Yukon sounds amazing. What's the best way to hook something like that up?

As my name indicates I lived in Alaska, Fairbanks actually. So feel free to ask whatever questions you have. I lived about 3-4 miles from campus in a cabin without running water. This sounds weird, I know, but you will become very familiar with the Cabin Dwellers once you are there. If you happen to have a car, don't be afraid to get a cabin, actually. They are a lot cheaper, and you have access to showers on campus.

The Blue Loon is a popular bar near campus, they have decent bands on weekends, although I preferred the Pumphouse, oh and Silver Gulch Brewery has free taste tests on Friday night, it's a bit of a drive, but the beer is amazing. During the summer I recommend going to the Midnight Sun Baseball Game (get your tickets early), and the Anderson Bluegrass Festival (trust me on this one, it's amazing listening to live music in view of Denali). Honestly, shoot me a message with any questions, I may not know, but still have some friends up there who could help you out.

My wife and I will be Brewer fans in Alaska for 2 weeks in July. Does that count?

I'm actually looking forward to our cruise/land tour. Denali should be great and we've got 3 days in the Yukon. Looking so forward to it. I mean, Calvin and Hobbes were so excited that they left home for an entire afternoon heading that way.

YUKON HO!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived