Brewer Fanatic

Orioles fans boo local boy Teixeira

TooLiveBrew

Even so, let's not act like $30M isn't an insane sum of money that would make anyone reconsider where they'd play. Just because it came after the figures had already reached $150M+ doesn't make it any less jaw-dropping a total.

While I get the general argument here, to me I just can't understand how people can be so critical of Tex. He got $30M more & plays on a team that has a chance to win. Sure, he could have been a 'nice guy' and go to Baltimore to be their poster boy while they try to rebuild, but honestly... not many players get a chance to be a main cog on a team as powerful as the 2009 Yankees, let alone for $30M more than any other offer he got.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the reason "small" market teams can't compete is because Selig spent the 90s getting taxpayer funds for stadiums instead of nationalizing broadcast rights.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Why would there be a nationalization of local games that are played 162 times per year to what can be low ratings for much of the season?

Not to mention the only chance he likely has at the HoF would be playing for the Yankees.

Why would this be true? Is he supposed to perform better in NYS versus OPACY?

I had heard that the issue was that Teixeira said that he was an Oriole fan prior to being drafted, but after being signed with the Yankees he had said he was a Yankee fan growing up.

I've heard of this happening several times. It happened with Damian Miller as well. He always said he was a Cub fan growing up in Wisconsin, until he signed with the Brewers. Then he was a Brewer fan all his life.

Archived