Brewer Fanatic

Six Feet Under

razzzorsharp

I know I am late to the party but I just got done watching this series and thought it was very well done. The characters and the writing were very realistic and endearing, and the premise behind the series is original and unmatched. Lastly, the finale, the final part of it, I thought was awesome.

The question is this, why have I not heard more about this show? I would put in the same category as Freaks and Geeks and Arrested Development as shows that did not get the kind of love they deserve (Friday Night Lights minus season two is also on this list).

Series ending is by far one of the best written finales of any series ever. I watched the first 2 episodes, then forgot about it for awhile and picked it up on reruns. It's awesome.

If you like 6Feet Under, check out Rome, Deadwood (hbo offerings) and Dexter (Shotime)

I just made it through the entire series for a second time. (Now I'm back to Twin Peaks for the 50th time ha ha) Most people love it or hate it. I don't think there is a lot of middle ground.

HBO certainly has put out its share of great series. I particularly enjoyed Mr. Show, Ali G, Oz, John from Cincinnati, Carnivale, Rome, and The Wire.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

My girlfriend and I just finished watching the entire series on dvd a few months ago. I have to say for me its one of the best television shows ever, if not the best. After the last episode I felt that I really missed the characters. It was almost like I lost a group of friends. I know it sounds silly, but that's how good the writing was. It just drew me in to where I felt like I was there with the Fishers.

The only thing I didn't like about that show was that every character was unlikable and had no redeeming qualities. Other than that, it was great.

I'm assuming that statement was dripping with sarcasm? The only character that I really didn't care for was Ruth Fisher (mom), but even she had interesting character development.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I wouldn't say it is. Every character had a huge flaw (or more than one) that resulted in viewers conflicted about their feelings of them.

Nathaniel-Cheater who puts himself above others

Brenda-Pretentious and self-loathing

David-Whiney and always needed support

Ruth-Self absorbed and largely unlikable because of her cruel behavior of others

Claire-Pretentious as well and extremely

Keith-Aggressive and uncaring at times

Rico-Always seemed to act above the Fischers and also a cheater

Every character was deeply flawed to the point of making it difficult to root for them at times. I think they did a good job of reeling the viewers back in, just when they were ready to give up on a character, however.

I remember not likely a whole season very much (season 3?) but overall, it was just a great series.

Season 3 I did not like as well, as it revolved around Nathan and his relationship wife (the name escapes me at the time) which lead to an uniteresting dynamic. Also, they were going through David and Keith's rocky (again) relationship.

Archived