Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-08 Brewers (Gallardo) at Giants (Johnson): 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly think Hart was messed up after his second AB yesterday. His first AB was not good, and you could almost see the gears grinding in his head in the second AB. He let a meatball go by for strike 2 and after that it seemed like he didn't know what to think anymore, so he reverted back to instinct.

I honestly think Hart was messed up after his second AB yesterday. His first AB was not good, and you could almost see the gears grinding in his head in the second AB. He let a meatball go by for strike 2 and after that it seemed like he didn't know what to think anymore, so he reverted back to instinct.
I actually didn't mind his first AB against Lincecum. I know he swung at the first pitch after a BB, but at that point, we didn't know that Lincecum was going to be wild the entire time. Against a pitcher like that, you don't know when you'll see a good pitch to hit, and it was a decent pitch to hit. I can deal with that.

He has looked bad in most of the rest of his AB's.

Yo is a stud!! He's our ace and probably our best hitting pitcher ever. We've a good shot of returning to the playoffs, if Yo stays healthy all season.

Great job by our pitchers today with the exception of Stetter. Yo, Coffey and CV were fabulous. Nice Win! Keep it up Brewers.

Jeff Grayson just reported that Yo's homer was the first ever by a pitcher off of Randy Johnson.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I believe that people who watch the games on TV usually have more intelligent (or at least intelligible) things to say than those who see it live, so I guess I'll just state the obvious:

Yo's sinker really seemed to pick up after the first few innings--he looked sharper as he went on;

Yo CRUSHED that homer--it just deflated the crowd and was fantastic to see (it would've been a Splash Hit the other way);

Coffey's high heat tonight was filthy filthy filthy, I hope Todd Coffey 2.0 (not the guy I used to like see come up for the Reds) sticks around for a long while;

More Brewers fans there today, what with it not being Opening Day, I love those field club seats: the team definitely acknowledged the cheers of us sitting behind them (I know they're professionals, but it's gotta be somewhat awkward having a grown stranger yelling encouragement or a complement to you!);

The hitters seemed to get some good wood on the ball tonight despite Yo doing everything for the team tonight, I hope and believe they can get enough runs tomorrow to take the series against Cain behind an OK Parra outing

Asked if he was nervous in his first save situation in place of injured Trevor Hoffman, Villanueva said, "I was more nervous sitting in the dugout the last few days (waiting to pitch). Once I got on the mound, getting trash from the fans, I felt way better. I felt relaxed...."

I just saw this quote in TH's blog and found it pretty interesting, since I noticed that from the time Villy got up to warm up in the 8th, the fans in that corner were just riding him, really giving him the business, a few to the point of standing up and screaming at him as he tossed. It was all in general fun, I'm sure, but it's nice that he shut them up regardless. Hopefully he can do it again tomorrow.

Thoght you guys would also like this blurb from the San Francisco Chronicle's website: "Randy Johnson left a crowd of 40,764 to marvel at the stuff he still can bring at 45, but he found himself on the business end of a 4-2 loss after serving up a home run that registered 8.6 on the You've Got to Be Kidding Me scale." And Schulman goes on...

He was impressed, apparently!

Does anyone have Ueck's call of Yo?

Whatever happened to the brewers radio network website? Is it gone or is it just me?

Brewersradionetwork.com is now sportsbubbler.com.

This page also has a link to Brewers Featured Podcasts, including the recap for Wednesday's game.

Uecker's already in mid-season form on that Gallardo HR call. Nice.

Edit: My 'highlights' question is about video, not audio. Brewers.com doesn't have any 'top plays' for last night's game yet. I just want to see the Yo home run (and my student employees who are fans are probably expecting me to have it cued up by the time they come to work today). In past seasons the video would be available by the next morning.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing - the only highlites i've been able to find so far are on ESPN.com's page. They're not that great, but you do get to see Yo's homer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290408126

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I'm sure Macha knows Yo is the best on the staff. I actually think what Macha is doing is brilliant. If you can't match up staff for staff with other teams sending our 1 vs their 2, our 2 vs their 3, our 3 vs their 4 and so on gives us an advantage. Give it 2 weeks and it won't matter what spot in the rotation anyone is in. Rain outs and off days will have spots in the rotation mixed up vs other teams anyway.

Archived