Brewer Fanatic

2009 Opening Day Resolutions

logan82

I was waiting for Pedro to start this thread like he did last year, but I guess I will give it a go.

1. I will give Macha a fair chance as the Brewers manager even though I was disgusted with the timing of the Yost firing and the manager hiring process.

2. I will go into "Baseball blackout" from the start of every televised Brewers game until I have watched it on TiVo. No baseball on the internet(including BF.net), ESPN or anything else that may tip me off to the result of the game.

3. I will eat grilled meat on a weekly basis with family and friends baring unsafe weather like a tornado.

Number 2 is going to be tough.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

1) I will try to be more level-headed and remember that they play 162 of these.

2) I will remind myself that the players are human and will make mistakes.

3) I will try to remember that blown saves are bound to happen to every team every year.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/brewers1-med.gif

Whoops, I forgot to get this one started...thanks logan.

I have only one resolution this year, to try and enjoy baseball like I did when I was 10 years old...when I knew nothing of payrolls or steriods or Scott Boras. When thoughts of the playoffs were neither a dream nor a worry (this was 1974), I just lived for each individual game and it's own unique storyline. This is my resolution. Wish me luck.

1) I will not cry every time I can't get tickets to a big game because I could not afford my 20-game package

2) I will try not to root against CC Sabathia

3) I will trust that Macha is smart enough to know Suppan is toast and not put him out there every fifth day once he gets a good look at him

4) I will try very hard not to live and die with every run this year

5) I will disregard rule 4 most of the time, unless my health or relationships suffer too much

1. I will continue to defend Rickie.

2. I will continue to rip Hall mercilessly and hope for a long benching even though we have nobody to really replace him.

3. I will calm down more and not get losses get to me as much.

4. I will continue to hate the Cubs and root for them to lose as much as I almost root for Brewers to win. (It is tough living here in Chicago.)

1. I will continue to find the humor in our bullpen and support the lovable ones like a good Cubs fan rather than getting upset and throwing things

2. I will chuckle knowingly every time Duffy comes to the plate, realizing how much of an upgrade he is over TGJ

3. I will concentrate on the Brewer's affiliates and try to understand our depth more realistically

4. I will not wavier from my belief that Scott Boras and the New York Yankees are proof positive that humans are evil by nature and shouldn't be blamed for their actions

5. I will bleed blue and never turn off the broadcast, hoping against hope

Community Moderator

1) I will not kick any holes in the wall or throw temper tantrums over Brewers games

2) I will not refer to any Brewer as being "useless" or "horrible" or "a waste of a human being"

3) I will never give up on a game no matter what the score is

4) I will try to improve my knowledge of baseball this year through statistics/books/movies

5) I will use the internet to see baseball highlights and avoid "Baseball Tonight" as much as possible

I vow to send daily complaints to Dish Network until they give me the MLB network. I don't care what package it goes in, I have the most expensive one anyway, just gimme my damn channel already. It seems that every time a channel I really want comes out, Dish is the last to add it but if the cooking channel 3 goes HD they're all over it.... scrubs.

Yes I'm bitter, I was hoping to have it by opening day at least.

Edit. Also I vow to stay firmly on the bandwagon of my boys and not jump ship like a rat when they struggle mightily for a month or two... Brent Brewer I'm sorry!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

1. I will continue to defend Rickie.

2. I will continue to either rip Bill Hall to shreds or put him on a Chuck Norris-like pedestal, depending entirely on how he performed the previous day. (This one's easy.)

3. I will embrace Braun's power and try my best to ignore the uneasy feeling his mediocre plate discipline gives me.

4. I will accept the face that Suppan is not going to be moved to the bullpen, under pretty much any circumstances, and just quietly root for the guy.

5. I will be nice to @kenmacha.

6. I will purchase a Nachos Grande (chicken, no jalapenos) at every game I attend, unless we tailgate. (This one's really easy.)

7. I will attend at least two road series.

8. I will never leave a ballgame early, no matter the score.

9. I will remember why I love this game, and enjoy every inning, even if the Crew tanks this year.

Well #2 lasted until my brother in law sent me a text message last night. I will have to avoid text messages as well I guess. Have to send out an E-mail asking all family members not to divulge game information without spoiler warnings. Now I have to start all over.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

1.) I resolve to see a therapist about Ned Yost.

2.) I resolve that when I need to go to my "happy place", there will be more bacon and nudity involved.

3.) I resolve to accurately attribute the skill level of play that is required to correctly execute a misplay by Weeks -- that is to say, my 97 year old grandmother likely is unable to make any play at the MLB level -- but more accurately my 58 year old aunt probably could.

4.) I resolve to understand the chorizo more thoroughly.

5.) I resolve to rewatch Rocky IV again, to more accurately evaluate if Rocky IV is in fact better than Ned Yost IV

I am resolving to sit and watch the post-game show--win or lose--for as many Brewer broadcasts as I can. I just need to be able to simmer down and get the blood pressure down a bit before I come here to post or read other people's posts. Plus, there's tons of unintentional comedy, as I found out tonight during their on-field demo following the game.

Not that I have a blood pressure problem, but I do get pretty worked up during tight close games and I just need to simmer down and enjoy the moments, win or lose.

Now in blowouts (especially on the losing side) I may just put it on in the background while I surf the net, but at least I'm not blowing it off completely.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

1 ) Request off for work not only for Opening Day but Opening Day at Miller friggen Park.

2 ) Referring to the Chicago Cub's as the " Ever Hated Chicago Cub's".

3 ) Scoreboard watching and trying to figure out the Brewer's Magic Number to clinching a playoff spot the First week of April.

4 ) Imitating Dan Patrick's " and the whiff " call every time Bill Hall Strikes Out. I love you Billy and you know it.

5 ) Making 2009 Brewer resolutions.

1. I will never call any Brewer player worthless or anything of the sort.

2. I will minimize my criticism of announcers' idiocy and reliance on cliches and accept that they just have 3 hours to fill and sometimes need to say some weird stuff.

3. I will never respect Twins fans, even though I love the Cities..

4. I will try not to laugh triumphantly at the doubters when Rickie goes .290/.375/.510 with 25 homers and wins a Gold Glove (sorta kidding...)

I'll do my best to not let the cub nation get to me Sunday night...but the best thing about that game might be that I get the cubs game out of the way early on.

That's my Achilles heel as a fan. You all think I'm so level-headed...when I'm around that franchise, not so much.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived