Brewer Fanatic

FINALLY - Merry Christmas to all

Okay, so there are questions about the pitching staff, there are worries about relievers, will Billy Hall ever be back, can Corey Hart forget about the last half of last year, will Prince play better without the contract issues, will Rickie ever reach his potential, etc etc. But the fact is today is the best day of the year. All those questions will be answered and more questions will come about, but as always the wonderfulness of Opening Day is here.

For over 30 years people and ideas have let me down, but I can count on the Brewers, and while they have let me down (and surely will again) I can count on every year about this time getting excited over what might be and the enjoyment of watching them play. I can count on getting excited for today like it is the first day of the rest of the year. I can count on screaming when someone does something right or wrong and acting as if it is my team. I can count on brats on the grill tonight, as I have done for every year of my life (thanks Dad) to signify the beginning of baseball season.

I know it is cheesy but today is my Christmas and I know I am not the only one who feels that way.

I took yesterday off to watch games and plan on taking off work early today to catch the Brewers. I do this every year. I'm taking off Friday too, even though I don't have tickets to the game. My birthday falls in this week too. So I am with you. This time of year is like my Christmas too! It's the start of the 12 best weeks of the year, imho--Opening Day to July 4th.

Archived