Brewer Fanatic

Players lot obstructed from fans?

Bikeage77

I was going to but did not.

I would go anyways it is hit or miss.

Last year I went a few times with about 6 or 7 bobbleheads each and only got Eric Gange. Cool thing was it was a minor league bobblehead of his that he never new existed lol http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Question for you guys....

I'm hoping to get to the players' parking lot next Tuesday before the game. I'm going to go for autographs, leave for a couple hours at about 3 or 3:30 once all the players are inside, and then come back for the game. So my question is whether or not I could park in the Miller Park lots, as opposed to parking on the street, since I'm going to be leaving before the lots open at 4. Has anyone done this before, or does anyone know if this would be allowed?

I know people that have parked in the lot directly across from the freeway and not had anything happen. I wonder the same as I've thought about doing that to unload all my stuff then park on near pigsville and walk in. I never wanna risk that though. I suppose it's worth the risk if you know you'll be out of their early. Most private parking lots that charge end up charging you 15 either way for not paying.

ya, i was going to say that I'm pretty sure the ticket for being in there is the same as it is for the game, so my understanding is that it doesn't really matter?

I always park on bluemound or wisconsin, it isn't a bad walk and I've went down for autographs, went back to the car to put stuff away, then went back down for the game...

There is also that one road across from the lot bikeage is talking about that you used to be able to park on for free, but i think they put up signs now that say one hour before to one hour after, it is like a circle? I'd assume you could go there too, but I'm not sure, we used to park there all the time when it was free

actually no, that isn't what i'm talking about, but that will work, what i'm talking about is a circled drive way, it is in sight from the players lot actually, it is next to that warehouse, and you used to be able to park there for free during the game, but then they put signs up

so can you actually park there as long as you don't stay there for the game? I'm trying to picture what you're talking about... is it just a little east of Miller Park Way? If it's closer and I could park there without getting a ticket, I think I'd rather try to park there.

I'm probably giving away the best kept secret here, BUT, if you go down 35th to St Paul and go right, you can drive up until like 40th or something and park next to a little park. You need to hop a wall and then walk along the tracks, but it'll take you right into the East lot. It's much shorter than walking in from Bluemound or National. The only advantage that bluemound has is that you can hop on any of the bar busses after the game and get taken back to bluemound

You can't park in that culdasac next to the bank anymore, they put signs up.

alright bani, here are my opinions - i enjoy bluemound just because i like the walk, there is also that like bikeage said, what i was talking about is less than a 3-4 minute walk from the player's lot...it is a circular road that used to be open all the time for parking even during a game, but they closed it during games a couple of years ago, here is a visual since i can't seem to explain it good enough, haha, the actual circle isn't shown but i threw some red paint on the road to get there, with two arrows, hope that helps you, you can also see your car as you are graphing if that matters to you:

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv301/briannelson/Untitled-1.jpg

Verified Member

So there are places to park for free that are less than a 5 minute walk from Miller Park?

Not being from Milwaukee, I was not aware of that.

Not that I expect anyone to tell me, but I'd love to know where those places are.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Since you guys are sharing your parking secrets, I'll throw out a place I usually park. I try to park on Wisconsin, but when I get there late I park on 49th. It is a 15-20 minute walk, but it is a good option when I get there near gametime. It dead-ends 2 blocks north of Wisconsin just past Wells, right by a little church. You could even park in the church parking lot if you really want to, but I usually don't. I don't ever remember a game where I tried to park there but couldn't. That being said, I have never tried to park there for Opening Day or a super-crowded Cubs game. And, I have had to park at the very end on the curve of the cul-du-sac a couple of times (such as this past Sunday, when I got there about an hour early and barely got the last spot). But, while Wisconsin and Wells may be filled up for almost a mile west of there well past Hawley Road, 49th is my best option when I get there close to gametime. For some sold out games, I have even got there less than a half hour before the game and had absolutely no problem getting a spot.

Thanks a ton, guys, for all the tips.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this thread....

They redid the fences yet again, although the tarp still remains where it was. The fences you used to be able to jump have been lowered to the point that they are still jumpable again. Whether you will get into trouble for jumping it when a player says he'll sign I couldn't tell you, as I didn't try it today. Additionally, the fence where you used to be able to attempt "drop-downs" has been raised and covered with the black tarp. Also, it actually seems like they extended that little garden (in between the lot and the fence you can now jump again) so that it goes down farther to the south (or maybe I was just imagining that).

In any case, I had absolutely horrible luck a couple weeks ago when I went before a weeknight game - I got only Riske, Brad Fischer, and Bill Schroeder. But today after the game, despite the fact that there were literally easily over 100 people there basically lining the entire fence for a while, I managed to get 3 auto's - McClung, Coffey, and Counsell. It's not the greatest, but I thought it was somewhat decent (relatively speaking) considering there were a ton of people there.

• 3 years later...

Not sure if anyone goes there anymore, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the current situation. I tried after the game yesterday at the players' parking lot for the first (and only) time this year. No one had signed by the time about half the team was out, and then there was a rumor going around the "regulars" that the players were told no longer to sign out there. I didn't put a whole lot of stock in it because I've heard those kinds of "conspiracy" theories before, but then I got confirmation later. I was the only one left by this point, but when I asked John Axford to sign he apologized and said they couldn't anymore due to security issues.

So for anyone who had thought about going to try to get autographs before or after a game, don't bother.

that's a bummer. i've had relatively good luck getting players at On Deck the past few years, but I always tried to go down once or twice a year and try to get someone.

was there ever an incident that any of you know of that would relate to "security issues" that you can think of?

Archived