Brewer Fanatic

Players lot obstructed from fans?

Bikeage77

I don't know how good of a source this is, but it's fairly credible. Annoying Nick, either you know him or you don't, told me at the Admirals game last night that the fences were raised where you could jump the rail. Along the other area where most people stand has been changed to netting making it impossible to reach any items within the fence for players to sign.

I suppose there has been an increase of popularity over there, but is this necessary? With Autograph Fridays also really increasing, getting signatures at Miller Park is getting to be pretty difficult. I have gotten most of the players I'd want over the past few years, but I may quickly lose interest in going for them if the crowds are worse than last year.

Anyone been around that area recently that can clarify this?

i can clarify, and it is true, i don't remember the fences being raised, but before the ads game on friday, we went there to eat, and i walked around because i remember the rumors from last year, and sure enough, there is a black screen, i guess you would call it a tarp? that goes around the fence, you can see through it, but you can't reach through it, would have to go way high with items, or almost on the ground...like i said, i don't remember the fence being raised,

it sucks,

-Brian

Doesn't surprise me at all. Do you think the players like to sign 100 times for the same group of people over and over game after game? No shocker here either but I just read an article on the Yankees stadium where the guys drive in to an underground tunnel to enter and exit the stadium so fan access is zero.

Agreed. Guys can walk around through where they drove into if they don't want to sign. Guys like McClung and others don't seem to mind it at all...It's just kinda a bummer for me because I always worked 6 days a week, and now that I have summers off and can go to the lot I can't take advantage of it. Total bummer. I might check it out on Monday's game, just to see how it folds out. As said, no one is forcing players to sign, and players that don't want to sign can avoid that.

I guess thats what we should expect from having a good team.....bogus.

I was planning on going on Saturday - do you guys think it's even worth it anymore? Billyhallfan, I know you said that you'd either have to go way high or way low with items. Do you think that's really plausible, or is it not really an option? Also, with the tarp/screen/whatever there, do you think players will be less apt to come over, thinking that it's a complete obstruction?

Also, does anyone know anything about having a long string with something on the end, to drop down to the players after they go down the staircase to go into the stadium? I have seen people with contraptions klind of like this a couple of times, but it seems like kind of a stretch. Plus, does anyone know if the security guys would even allow this? Not sure if this is realistic, but I just figured I'd throw the idea out there.

If anyone has any ideas or any info at all, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

i can clarify, and it is true, i don't remember the fences being raised, but before the ads game on friday, we went there to eat, and i walked around because i remember the rumors from last year, and sure enough, there is a black screen, i guess you would call it a tarp? that goes around the fence, you can see through it, but you can't reach through it, would have to go way high with items, or almost on the ground...like i said, i don't remember the fence being raised,

it sucks,

-Brian

They have taken a page from NASCAR here. Lots of tracks now do this, although there are other places (like the garage) where people can get autos. It does suck for you auto hounds, for sure.

I went down there today to get tickets and decided to take a walk over there. It's got the meshing, but anyone over 5 feet can reach over the fence and hand off things to players. Apparently a buncha guys were using rope and a bucket or bag last year and dropping things down. They were able to get Yount and Sabathia pretty easily this way (once players gave permission).

I dont know if that'll fly this year, or if anything will fly this year. But I'm still gonna go down there early on Monday and see what happens.

Matt, look for me. I'll be the one in the Brewers hat.

No, seriously, I'll probably have a powder blue messenger bag, and my reddish bat with the team on it (only need Kendall and possibly Rivera and it's done), with Turnbow esque hair....anyone else goin down?

it was awful today. we only got Macha and he had to reach over the fence. Then the worst part is before any of the real good players showed they made us cut the ropes we made for dropping items, so we left because we basically knew we had no chance. good luck to you guys because quite frankly your going to need it. I doubt youll see me waste my time out there again this yr!!

I was there from 11 to 2:30 today. I got Macha, Stetter, McGehee, and Riske. They didn't cart too many guys in. Maybe they did yesterday because, as someone there today told me, most of the plyaers were late yesterday. Macha gave them off from BP since they got in late on Thursday, so they hit the parking lot traffic. They most likely carted most of them in because they were late.

Anyone in there today? I want to go down there tomorrow, but based on the weather and success rate, I'm not sure if I will. I might go Tuesday if not tomorrow. All my bobbleheads I was thinking of getting signed are at my dads, and he rearranged things in his basement which would make it a long process to find the current players I'd want.

I don't think we need updates everyday on this, but maybe just give everyone a heads up for the first few series to see where we're at? No point in everyone wasting time. Though I'd hope early in the season guys like Prince or Gallardo would come by and sign.

BHF, you said you were goin to the hotel? I've never done that. Which Hotel and what times do you go there? I would only get balls signed, as I don't have much else for them, do most guys there sweet spot stuff?

I'll have to check that out sometime. Then I can deal with G Rob and the posse.

The visiting teams stay at the Pfister downtown. You aren't really allowed to loiter inside the Pfister but you can stand outside the front door by the team bus and wait for players to walk out. I've gone to the Blu Room (the uber expensive bar at the top of the hotel) after a game and seen players mingling with family/friends.

just thought i'd let people know that some guys did sign over the homestand, I didn't go before a game other than on opening day, and all I got was some coaches, I stayed after on Tuesday and got Braun, Hardy, Hoffman, and from what I hear before the game on Wenesday all of those guys signed plus a few more, so it isn't like the days of walking away with 20 autographs in April, but when you can get Braun, it seems like it is worth the trip...

So, it might be worth a shot heading down when they come back home...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived