Brewer Fanatic

Anyone have MLB TV?

theavrock
So for the first time in a while I find myself without cable and I am toying with the idea of buying the MLB TV package. There has to be some BF.net users out there who use this. Got any reviews for me? Do you guys use the normal or the premium? Just kind of curious to hear if it works well or has a bunch of bugs etc.

This is my 3rd year with MLB TV. I have the premium package. I didn't watch any spring games, but am watching now and the quality seems so much better than it was last year. Very little skipping and the quality is very clear. I'm watching 2 games and once and its pretty awesome (you can watch up to 4 at once).

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I was doing a little more research into it and saw that I wouldn't be able to get Brewers games in Milwaukee. I guess I was looking into this as an alternative to having to get cable. What do you know about the blackout restrictions? Is it because FSN has exclusive rights to broadcast the games? Just seems really odd to me that I would spend $120 for this and then not be able to watch all the games I want.

I'm in the same situation, theavrock. I don't have cable since I don't watch enough TV to justify it, and if I did have cable, the only thing I would watch is Comedy Central and Brewer games. So I've thought about getting MLB TV for awhile, but never pulled the trigger on it yet. I live in Green Bay, so I may or may not have the blackout issues you have.

Does anyone know if the games get archived? For example, if a game is played in the afternoon, can I come home and watch it in the evening?

EDIT: Just answered my own questions. The MLB TV site says Green Bay is subject to blackouts, since I'm in the home television market. So it sounds like this isn't an option for anyone living in WI. It's "out of market" only, unless you only want to watch archived games.

Gruber Lawffices

I had it last year and didn't watch nearly as many games as I thought I would. I'm not even sure why, but I just didn't use it enough to justify the expense again.

You can't get Brewers games, but last year I watched a healthy share of them by skirting the system. Essentially, I had someone with an out of town credit card pay for it and then used a Proxy IP address (usually in a foreign country) so that my IP wouldn't say I was in Milwaukee. I thought that was a great idea, but it would often take me half an hour to find a decent proxy server that was working fast enough and I'd give up.

Anyway, that's my feedback...I think if I didn't live in MKE and couldn't get the games through cable or attend in person it would be worth it. But being local, I'm just going to save the extra $ and buy some tickets.

Yeah, it is pretty much like Sunday Ticket on D* you pay for all the teams but generally you will usually just want it for your favorite team. Sounds like we are all Brewer fans in the Wisconsin area so therefore it is blocked out, same as ST. Works for fans who's teams are out of their area.

If they would change it so that people around here could watch the Crew, even for a somewhat heavier price, people would eat it up with a spoon I believe...

Archived