Brewer Fanatic

Baseball Boogie (1986 Dodgers music video)

I have the feeling it's going to negatively impact my life in some way, like I'm worse off for having viewed it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

This reminds me of a video made by the Brewers organization in the 1993-1994 offseason. It was intended to encourage 1993 season ticket customers to re-up for '94, the silver anniversary of the franchise. At the end they played Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" with everyone from ball players to ushers to ticket taking ladies lip synching to the song. At the very end a bunch of employees were standing out on the field with Bud in front, and they all said, "LET'S STAY TOGETHER!"

The production values were amateurish and I think we probably would have renewed anyway, but it's a modestly entertaining use of 30 minutes of life. Sadly, my quick search of YouTube doesn't turn up a snippet.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I refuse to click this link again. I made that mistake a year or two ago and couldn't "Baseball Boogie" out of my head for days.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

LA Dodgers, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Archived