Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-07 Brewers (Suppan) at Giants (Lincecum): 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

wOOgiE22
Invader - it was originally a 3:05 start time that pushed back 20 min for opening day ceremonies, thus a 3:25 start (FINGERS CROSSED)
I was wondering why WIBA radio kept saying this morning that Brewers coverage starts at 2:45. I was momentarily concerned that either the Brewers Radio Network was cutting back on the pre-game show, or that it was still a half-hour, but WIBA was once again putting talk shows first.

I'm sporting a ball-glove logo shirt at the library today. One of our shelvers is too, and told me this morning that his fiancee wants him to buy her a Corey Hart shirt. And a second shelver is wearing his Corey Hart shirt today. I'm feeling the love, and hope you are too.

Happy new season!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully they can get it in today. Already had to watch everybody else start playing, having to wait another day would be terrible. Would really suck for me to since I actually have stuff to do tomorrow too.

With so many aces getting knocked around a bit yesterday, hopefully the Brewers can do the same to Tiny Tim today (or tomorrow, depending on the weather)...even if Lincecum is on every single one of my fantasy teams. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I remember Opening Day in Chicago last year, too, when the weather was really bad. Hopefully they do play, though...it already stinks having to wait an extra day to start the season. I really don't want to have to wait two extra days, especially when I wouldn't be able to catch either game tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Here is the current radar. At the very least it looks like a probable delay today.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/22a255c9557f7fd59a41a6099b535ea6373fe53.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Here we go now BREW-HA! I'm ready for this summer long party to get started. Who's grilling Johnsonville Brats? To add, I really like that Hart is batting second. I think JJ could actually protect Fielder well and his speed will be welcome if he gets on base in front of Braun on Fielder to give the defense something else to think about. Hardy just didn't do that.

This totally blows! I never understand why they don't schedule as many games inside at domes early on in the season. On a side note I should really start counting how many Brewers jerseys I see today on campus. Love it!

I just went for a run, and while it's not raining yet, it's definitely coming: it was gray when I left and got much darker, colder and damp while I was out. There's 100% chance of precipitation according to the forecasts.

The good news is, the heavier "storms" are now being predicted for later in the afternoon and the evening, but that's about it for the good news for now.

I hope if they postpone it, they do it as soon as possible so I can go to the office and get a few hours of work in in order to gain brownie points to get out early for the make-up game tomorrow...like I said, maddening. This has to be frustrating for Giants' fans, too, many of whom, like Brewers' fans, come from long distances to attend these games. Rainouts are a rarity around here, and I can't think of a worse time for one--Opening Day on a weekday afternoon with little to no room for maneuvering for the teams or their fans in their schedules, really.

I'm not much of a sign guy, but I'm tempted to go over to Walgreen's before I leave for the "game" and pick up some posterboard and a marker to draw up one that reads "HEY MLB--MILLER PARK CURRENT CONDITIONS: 62 AND DRY"

They should have scheduled the Opener for yesterday, with a day off today like many teams do. When you factor in the fact that the Brewers aren't there again all year and the only alternative for a rain out is a DH in the first series of the year, it was pretty silly of the Giants to not have the game yesterday.

Most teams build in an extra day for the home opener, not take a day away. I heard the reasoning was so they could have one last home exhibition game against the Dodgers on Sunday...though the Dodgers sent all minor leaguers and played a game yesterday, I don't know why the Giants couldn't do the same.

That radar looks downright scary, best case scenario appears to be a rain delay, unless the storm either vears off course or picks up a lot of steam and blows through SF in a hurry.

On a side note I should really start counting how many Brewers jerseys I see today on campus. Love it!
I've seen Brewers stuff on at least four people (not including myself) in my library today - students and "grownups" alike. I'm looking forward to checking out the Union at lunch.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

SeriesFinale wrote:

I'm not much of a sign guy, but I'm tempted to go over to Walgreen's before I leave for the "game" and pick up some posterboard and a marker to draw up one that reads "HEY MLB--MILLER PARK CURRENT CONDITIONS: 62 AND DRY"

Do it!!!!

This totally blows! I never understand why they don't schedule as many games inside at domes early on in the season. On a side note I should really start counting how many Brewers jerseys I see today on campus. Love it!

It is because april dates don't make as much money as mid season dates so you would have all of the good weather/dome teams losing money if they always scheduled them at home the first weeks.

Community Moderator

I have my Bill Hall retro jersey on today :-)

This is an area of rain associated with a cold front, so if we can get the main band of rain through before 3:00, they might get the game in. However, looking at the satellite seems to suggest that it will take longer than that, maybe until 4-5:00 or so Milwaukee time and then more scattered rain after that. I think they can get the game in, but there's probably going to be a considerable delay before that happens.

As excited as I am for the season to start, I think they should cancel it now and play a doubleheader tomorrow. It would be awful to see a Brewer get injured because of the weather on the first day of the season.

I already have scheduled to take off a couple hours early from work today so I could watch the game on tv. I also have to work from 12-8 tomorrow and have to get up early for work Thursday morning. So, if they don't get the game in today, which appears likely, I'm going to miss the first game of the year and only be able to watch the first few innings of the second game. Darn Giants owner, why couldn't you schedule the game on the same day as everyone else. The Dodgers played yesterday.

Weather like this almost makes me happy that Soup is the opening day starter.

I was actually thinking the same thing... I would hate to have rain delays and slick fields potentially risking another Gallardo injury. Sorry Jeff.

The rain chance just dropped to 45% for 1 PM, 25% for 2 PM, and 35% for 3PM so maybe their is a chance? The rain chance is 100% for 4 PM.

Tue

Apr 7

10 am55° FPrecip: 100%

11 am55° FPrecip: 90%

12 pm55° FPrecip: 85%

1 pm54° FPrecip: 45%

2 pm53° FPrecip: 25%

3 pm52° FPrecip: 30%

4 pm52° FPrecip: 100%

5 pm52° FPrecip: 90%

The rain chance just dropped to 45% for 1 PM, 25% for 2 PM, and 35% for 3PM so maybe their is a chance? The rain chance is 100% for 4 PM.

Tue

Apr 7

Well that's slightly encouraging. It sure would help if the game was at 3:05 and not 3:25 though. Looks like every minute could be precious

Tue

Apr 7

Are those times Central or Pacific?

Archived