Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-07 Brewers (Suppan) at Giants (Lincecum): 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again: the Brewers and Rays have domes--why are they playing on the road at places that don't in early April and getting postponed? Come on, MLB.
Agreed. It's like they look at Milwaukee and say "No, can't open there....too cold". Like they completely forget there is a dome here.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Anyone know for sure if the game will be in HD on FSN tomorrow. As far as I know its not supposed to be, but I have also heard it will be. Anyone have a definitive asnwer?
I just checked my guide for tommorrow and it is not showing the game as being available in HD.

I just checked my guide for tommorrow and it is not showing the game as being available in HD.
Ok thanks. My guide isn't showing anything - just the generic "pregame" you so often see on the Direc guide. Awesome

EDIT: I found it now. Mine shows it in SD only also

I'm surprised no one mentioned Hart batting second. I thought that was something we might see, but not opening date.

Nevertheless, i don't have a problem with it.

Its something that was alluded to as being pretty much set in stone according to one of the blogs on Brewers.com

not to nitpick, but isn't the magic number 163?

Using this method:

Take the number of games left for the first place team and add one. Mathematically this will provide the threshold in the magic number by which the second place team cannot possibly overtake the baseball team at the top of the standings.

Compare the loss column. Compute the difference in the number of losses between the top two teams.

Use the number of games remaining plus one, and subtract the number of games the top team is ahead in the loss column of the standings. For example, if team A is 90 and 62 with ten games left to play, and team B has lost 8 more games than A, A's magic number is 3 to clinch the pennant. The math works this way: 10+1=11 and 11-8=3. When a team's magic number reaches zero they have secured first place.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I will be at work in the basement attempting to get as much radio reception as humanly possible.

Oh competitive baseball, how I have missed you. Let's hope the rain holds off, or at worst pushes the game back long enough for me to get home to watch it, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Series,

Wed/Thurs don't look good either. 30-40%??? If they wash out the whole series, then what? August 6th is a possible date as it is the only Brewers trip back to the West Coast (Unless you consider Colorado on Sept 28th). Aug 6th is an off day for both teams and the Giants will be home at that time. Sept 28th is an off day for both teams as well, with the Giants being home. Also perhaps they could just play the game at Miller Park during the Brewers home set with the Giants get last at-bats?

Also perhaps they could just play the game at Miller Park during the Brewers home set with the Giants get last at-bats?

Games are moved to the opponent's park somewhat routinely. In those cases, the home team matches the home park.

Even when Montreal had to re-schedule the last month of a season in road parks, they had to be the visiting team in those games.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Series,

Wed/Thurs don't look good either. 30-40%??? If they wash out the whole series, then what?

I'm not sweating the Wednesday/Thursday games--for one thing, the hourly forecasts are more favorable, and for another, that 30/40 is only for precipitation, which along the bay side of town here this time of year is usually just a "hard mist."

I am sweating tomorrow, however. But the weather forecast for tomorrow, with the heavier "storms," really is an aberration for this time of year. Rainy season has pretty much waned.

We don't really get thunder and lightning here, either. If they were playing on the other side of town or back down at Candlestick Point, winds might be more a problem, but they average all of about one postponement a year at AT&T (I don't recall them having any last year); this is a town of microclimates, and AT&T is in a cold but generally stable one.

They'll get two in this week, and I'd bet all three. It stinks, but tomorrow's forecast is a rare bird for these parts.

NEED RELEVANT BASEBALL!!!!!

Gonna be fun this year regardless...

My biggest dissapointment is that my first game isnt until May..

Lack of sleep for this one baby... (3rd shift). At least its on the West coast and I can get 5 hours or so.

You knew me as Myday2001.

It makes me smile to see an article on the Giants' home page call the Brewers "a vexing nemesis."

"San Francisco will christen its season Tuesday against the Milwaukee Brewers, the reigning National League Wild Card winners. Milwaukee went 6-0 against the Giants last year, outscoring them, 49-18. The Brewers won three of those games by seven runs or more, and only once did the Giants fall by fewer than three runs."

Edit: Also, can someone clarify the start time? Brewers.com still says 3:05, but wasn't this game bumped back as well? Eric on 102.9 The Hog just said "3:30 start time." Haudricourt's blog yesterday said 3:25 CDT. Which is it?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If there is no baseball today I'm going to go nuts. We have all waited to long for meaningful baseball and having to wait yet another day is too much. I hope and pray somehow the rain is light and they can play through. I already used 3 sick hours to leave work at 2pm and I really don't want to change that for tomorrow.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think it is a pretty good assumption that the game won't be started on time and probably won't be played.

The hour by hour forecast has a 90-100% chance of rain starting at 11 AM SF time going all the way to 5 PM SF time and atleast a 60% chance for the rest of the day.

Looks like a pretty good chance of a DH tommorrow on the 2nd day of the season. I guess if you are going to have a DH you might as well have one when everyone is fresh. Of course it is torture to the fans that were so excited to have baseball today and now have to wait an additional day (Not to mention the posters who have tickets and have vacation for todays game)

Archived