Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-07 Brewers (Suppan) at Giants (Lincecum): 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was really jawing with the umps after striking out, and then was jumping up and down and yelling and shaking his head after a Giants hit sailed over third base and was marked fair without him even making a move at it--this while the play was still happening.

It's one thing to state your case (I mean, Macha came out afterwards, so there was some question), but the way he did it made him look more like a petulant child than a grown man

Now I'm not defending Hall as a whole here, but he definitely had some legit beefs yesterday. That ball Rowand hit was clearly foul and the called 3rd strike he got rung up on was not a strike at any other point in the ball game yesterday. It was a good 3-4 inches off the outside corner and hadn't been a strike previous to that AB. But Billy does play up the antics a bit much sometimes. Just saying that he had reason to gripe yesterday

Now I'm not defending Hall as a whole here, but he definitely had some legit beefs yesterday. That ball Rowand hit was clearly foul and the called 3rd strike he got rung up on was not a strike at any other point in the ball game yesterday. It was a good 3-4 inches off the outside corner and hadn't been a strike previous to that. But Billy does play up the antics a bit much sometimes. Just saying that he had reason to gripe yesterday.

What really sucked is that pitch was only a strike for Giants pitchers. In Weeks' second AB, the first called strike was even more outside than Billy's called 3rd strike. Whenever I have a beef with a crew, it always seems like Demuth is always a part of it. Hate that guy.

What really sucked is that pitch was only a strike for Giants pitchers. In Weeks' second AB, the first called strike was even more outside than Billy's called 3rd strike. Whenever I have a beef with a crew, it always seems like Demuth is always a part of it. Hate that guy.

I wasn't online during the game yesterday and so I didn't go back and look at all the posts, so I'm not sure how much discussion there was about the strike zone. However, it seemed like Shroeder and Anderson made a big deal out of the Hall strike 3 that he complained about. From what I saw it was happining all day. Molina kept setting up outside the strike zone and on many occasions had to frame pitches from that location that were still called strikes (they should not have been strikes anyways because he was set up so far outside). It was driving me nuts.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived