Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-07 Brewers (Suppan) at Giants (Lincecum): 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-6]

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Here's some thoughts:

-Why is Hardy batting #5 and Hart #2? Hart probably would have many more chances to steal bases as #5 and Hardy has proven that he does better when he sees more strikes with Braun behind him

-Suppan was the same as always, but I'm willing to give him some more time since nobody pitched well today.

-Great patience at the plate by our hitters today, especially Cameron with 4 walks

-Macha should have watched film from the last few times Bush pitched in relief.

They will win big tomorrow with Yo on the mound. Johnson is one of our favorite lefties to beat up on.

I know it's the smallest possible sample, but I saw plenty of good things today. I loved the walks; I hope it's indicative of a maturing plate approach. Rickie looked so much better up there. Cam was the man. I like how they took advantage of Lincecum's delivery on the basepaths. The pitching was no good, but is often slow outta the gates. I guess the only thing that bothered me was the Braun strike out with two men on.

My take on the game today:

- Offense "yay", pitching "boo."

I was going to post my game thoughts but that pretty much says everything I was going to say. Now watch us lose 1-0 tomorrow!

As excited as I am to have baseball back, I certainly don't miss the crummy feeling after a loss...just one game, I know, I know.

Today was great fun as a "day out" as a baseball fan. Horrible as a Brewer fan.

I've had too much "fun" to even make a proper analysis of all that went right and wrong today, but I can say that near the end of the game when one of the many Opening Day Drunks at AT&T Park today (yeah, every team has them...their concourse was flooded with idiots) told me that he "wish[ed] they could play us every day," all I could do was shake my head.

"Come on, you guys faced Jeff Suppan, a bad Seth McClung, a spot Dave Bush, and Jorge Julio today," I told him, but then I felt much worse for us than him.

The Brew Crew put up a crooked number on a day that the Cy Young winner left after the 4th and gave up three runs, they faced a bad bullpen and a bad offense, and they still got killed. An embarrassment, but one that gives me grave concerns about the ability of this team's strengths to deal with it's weaknesses. But it is one game.

Personal Razzies today go to Macha (Suppan should not have started this game...matchups are big, but this team has and will beat Lincecum before and Yo can handle the "pressure," and now we're stuck with Soup against the Cubs this weekend again and no Yo), Suppan (obviously, but I've come to expect nothing more), Billy Hall, especially (my favorite player, but he was horrific today, not just with his hitting and fielding but his behavior...two fans in SF asked me if "he's always like that," childish and embarrassing), and JJ, who really disappointed, along with McHung.

Well, tomorrow's another day.

Glad they played the game and you got to go Rev SF!

Haha, thanks, there is that: I don't have to beg my boss to let me off at Noon tomorrow. I think everyone was surprised the game actually happened, and people were genuinely sunning themselves by the end. Weird weather.

I'll be back for the next two, and there are 159 to go after that. This was disheartening, but it was one game.

What did Bill Hall do? I must have missed what you were referring to.
He was really jawing with the umps after striking out, and then was jumping up and down and yelling and shaking his head after a Giants hit sailed over third base and was marked fair without him even making a move at it--this while the play was still happening.

It's one thing to state your case (I mean, Macha came out afterwards, so there was some question), but the way he did it made him look more like a petulant child than a grown man

Archived