Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-06 Non-Brewers in-game thread

1992casey
Yeah, let's hope that the Cardinals bullpen continues to do that once in a while.
They will if Motte is their closer and keeps pitching like that. This is the first time I've seen him, but he essentially only has one pitch, a 95 mph fastball with no movement.

I'm kind of glad to see Cincinnati get the traditional home opener this year (for years and years, the Reds opened the season at home with the first pitch always occuring before everybody else's).

What does this mean? Are you talking about the Reds 'traditionally' opening up the baseball season? It's been a few years since that has happened if that's the case IIRC.

I really do appreciate what CC did last year. It's just that watching him get rocked, even though it is just 1 game, supports the decision to let him go.

I don't know how much of a 'decision' it was. The 'decision' was to go after him and another team paid more. I will wait a lot longer to see if that was right, but it probably was a good thing for Milwaukee given CC's pitched a ton of innings.

What does this mean?

pitchleague is saying that he's glad Cincy is playing in the first game of the day and that he'd like to see that tradition return.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I wouldn't be surprised if Sabathia has a pretty down year. He threw 253 innings last season. I don't care who you are, unless your name is Livan Hernandez thats scary for the next season. That said a down year for Sabathia could still be a sub 4 ERA

I wouldn't be surprised if Sabathia has a pretty down year. He threw 253 innings last season. I don't care who you are, unless your name is Livan Hernandez thats scary for the next season. That said a down year for Sabathia could still be a sub 4 ERA
Sabathia has had a couple of years where he was just horrible in April.

3-yr average

By Day/Month ERA W L SV SVO G GS CG IP H R ER HR BB SO AVG
April 5.43 4 4 0 0 11 11 0 63.0 74 41 38 8 23 64 .296

May and September have been his best months. Some players take longer to get into a "groove" or have bad months. Sabathia's only really bad month is April. I'm not surprised that Sabathia had a bad outing in his first appearance of the year. April has been a bad month for him throughout his career. Look at his stats from each year he has been in the majors and you will see that Sabathia has been a slow starter.

Though I do expect Sabathia to have a down year this year because of the abuse he was put through last year. Though his bad year will be a sub 4 ERA.

ewizabeff[/b]]Blue Jays fans are in poor form. Throwing things on the field - the Tigers' manager pulled the team from the field for awhile.

Very True. I remember being at County Stadium for an opener in either 1997 or 98 against the Texas Rangers. Fans pelted the Rangers with souvenir opening day baseballs, which were given to all attendees. It was ugly. The Rangers manager did the same thing. Anyone remember this? I don't remember much from that day besides that, it was really cold and the Crew won.

Archived