Brewer Fanatic

2009-04-06 Non-Brewers in-game thread

1992casey
Today's Schedule
 Home pitcher Away Pitcher Mets at Reds 12:10 P.M. CDT Santana (0-0) Harang (0-0) Indians at Rangers 1:05 P.M. CDT Lee (0-0) Millwood (0-0) Royals at White Sox 1:05 P.M. CDT Meche (0-0) Buehrle (0-0) Rays at Red Sox 1:05 P.M. CDT Shields (0-0) Beckett (0-0) Rockies at D-Backs 2:40 P.M. CDT Cook (0-0) Webb (0-0) Yankees at Orioles 3:05 P.M. CDT Sabathia (0-0) Guthrie (0-0) Nationals at Marlins 3:10 P.M. CDT Lannan (0-0) Nolasco (0-0) Pirates at Cardinals 3:15 P.M. CDT Maholm (0-0) Wainwright (0-0) Cubs at Astros 6:05 P.M. CDT Zambrano (0-0) Oswalt (0-0) Dodgers at Padres 6:05 P.M. CDT Kuroda (0-0) Peavy (0-0) Tigers at Blue Jays 6:15 P.M. CDT Verlander (0-0) Halladay (0-0) Mariners at Twins 7:10 P.M. CDT Hernandez (0-0) Liriano (0-0) Athletics at Angels 8:05 P.M. CDT Braden (0-0) Saunders (0-0) 

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm kind of glad to see Cincinnati get the traditional home opener this year (for years and years, the Reds opened the season at home with the first pitch always occuring before everybody else's). They had got away from that lately and the ESPN Sunday Night game took it all completely away.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Tampa Bay/Boston has already been postponed, due to the huge storm system over the Northeast today. Kind of a shame, because that series is one heckuva way to open the year in the AL East.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Is it my TV or is ESPN's HD signal completely messed up?

I was home at lunch trying to watch the CIN/NY game but the HD signal was terrible, the screen was blurred most of the time. ALl my other HD's were working just fine.

I am not sure what to make of this Cincy team. They always seem like a team ready to breakout but something always holds them up. If Volquez and repeat his performance from last year and Cueto improves, they have a dangerous pitching staff.

Harang threw 115 pitches in 5 innings. Dusty's in mid-season form.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Harang threw 115 pitches in 5 innings. Dusty's in mid-season form.
I was just about to come and post this. 115 pitches in opening day is just insane, and the media wonder why fans rip on him so bad for his Chicago days. If he lets Volquez or Cueto throw that many pitches in their first starts he should just be fired on the spot. The only reason he was in there was that Dusty was trying to get him through 5 innings so he could possibly get a win. The fact that he through 115 in 5 innings is even worse.

Though I greatly value his contributions to the team last year, I am getting a sick feeling of joy by watching CC get booed in his first start. Welcome to NYC big fella, have fun.

-edit:

wait a minute, they are in Baltimore. Are there that many Yankees fans there during opening day?

I'm a big C.C. fan as well and will always have a soft spot in my heart for him since he got us to the playoffs. But he's a Yankee now and that trumps my fondness for him as a Brewer. I think it's great that the Yankees are getting pounded with their new ace on the mound. I'm sure he'll be the dominant pitcher he's always been as the season goes on, though. It's just fun watching Yankee fans be disappointed.

What a complete lack of effort by Nady getting thrown out rounding third by too much. Instead of trying to make Baltimore throw it home in a rundown, he just stopped and slowly walked into the tag. Nice way to end the inning. We need more of this throughout the year from Yankee players.

I am extremely thankful to Sabathia for what he did with the Brewers. However, I want him to fail miserably in NY. I can't root for a guy who joined the evil empire and sold out for the cash. It's not good for the game.

Yeah, let's hope that the Cardinals bullpen continues to do that once in a while.

Great article about Sabathia in SI. At least it seems he'll do a lot of good with that money he got from the Yankees. I'm sure the "He's too fat" arguments are already underway on New York radio.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived