Brewer Fanatic

I'm a bit worried about Riske

brewtank34
All I can say after watching him tonight is that I hope he is not used in close games. He should be strictly a mop up guy at this point.

Even mop-up guys have to hold serve more often than not. If Riske only gives up a couple of runs, it's a minor miracle. It was 5-1 when he came into the game today. He has to give the Brewers a chance to come back by pitching just ONE scoreless inning. That is all he was asked to do. Asking a team to rally from four runs down is a lot easier than asking a team to rally from 6-7 runs down. He shouldn't be on this team.

If it was me, a DL stint is the way to go. He has been simply awful, but I would rather no release him. Save that DFA for Julio when Hoffman gets called back. (My sources say Hoffman probably will be throwing off mound by Tuesday or Wednesday, btw.)

I guess I don't understand the whole situation. Given that he is here and being used, we sort of have to assume he is healthy physically, or at least they believe he is, right? So that would mean he is just not all the way back, and not ready to pitch, or just bad. You have to believe the Brewers think the former. I guess I just don't believe his contract is a major factor in their decision making process. Plus, although he didn't have much of a Spring, when you get right down to it, neither did McClung, and Dave Bush was equally bad the other day. I'm not optimistic, but I will try to remain hopeful they know what they're doing.

I cringe saying this, but Riske has the same effect on me when I used to get when Wise was coming into the game. Melvin's gotta man up and realize all his moves can't be gems and get Riske out of there. Get him in the minors so he can get his confidence back.

Archived