Brewer Fanatic

Parking lots on Opening Day [2010 posts start at #19]

tnweill

If this is posted elsewhere, I apologize. But what time do they officially open on opening day? Is it 3 hours in advance of game time? For those of you going, what time are you all planning on getting to the lots?

(edit: typo in thread title --1992)

Basically, they will open up as soon as the traffic backup becomes a problem on Miller Park Way and National Ave.

Last year it was an hour and a half before the scheduled opening time.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Last year they said they would open the lots at 10:00 but we got in at about 8:45 which was over 4 hours before game time. I'm not sure how they are going to handle it with the 3:00 start time though.

Basically, they will open up as soon as the traffic backup becomes a problem on Miller Park Way and National Ave.
this is definitely the unofficial answer. they will always say 3 hours before.

we were in line at 9:15 last year and were about 50 cars back from the front of the line.

Get there at 11 or 11:30 and you will get stuck in traffic before getting in. Last year, I used my best "shortcut" at about 9:15 or 9:30 am and still got stuck in traffic for about 20 minutes. If I would've come in on Bluemound Road heading east, I would've been stuck in traffic for an hour - it was backed up past Hawley Road. I was in about the 8th to 10th row of cars in the lot. And I had even called the day before and I got the generic "3 hours before the game" answer.

I would be surprised if the lots weren't open by 10 or shortly after next Friday, even if they tell you only 3 hours early.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if a parking pass guarantees you parking lot access? I won't be able to get to the game until about 2 or 2:30, so I'm wondering if a General Parking Pass would get me into the lot at that time, even if they're no longer allowing cash customers then? I've never been in this situation with a general parking pass before, only with a preferred pass, where I know they let you park on the street around the outside if all else fails. Since this isn't an option in the general lots, I was wondering if they save spots for you or not.

Unless you manage to somehow time it perfectly, I'm guessing a 3PM home opener vs the Cubs on Good Friday is going to result in just about everyone getting stuck in traffic for some amount of time. I'd say walking or riding a bike would be the only ways to avoid traffic waits all together

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if a parking pass guarantees you parking lot access? I won't be able to get to the game until about 2 or 2:30, so I'm wondering if a General Parking Pass would get me into the lot at that time, even if they're no longer allowing cash customers then?
I have not attended a home opener before, but based on the annual "home opener parking lot" threads of past years, not being able to arrive until 30-60 minutes before game time and having 'only' a general parking pass sounds like a bit of a challenge.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if a parking pass guarantees you parking lot access? I won't be able to get to the game until about 2 or 2:30, so I'm wondering if a General Parking Pass would get me into the lot at that time, even if they're no longer allowing cash customers then?
You would probably not get into an actual lot, and be stuck on one of the side roads, but i could be wrong.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Two years ago, my friend opted to go to work before we went to the park, and of course, we got out to the lot far too late as a result. I had a preferred parking pass that I purchased with my pack, and I got shuttled all around the stadium, from Preferred to General, to the side streets by Preferred, which took forever with backups everywhere, before I finally was told it was a no go, and ended up parking illegally north of the stadium and got a parking ticket. It was not a pleasant experience.

Outside of opening day though, I have gotten the street parking around the outside as you mentioned, with my preferred pass, when I arrived to late to busy games. I wouldn't have much faith in pulling that off on opening day.

I had a preferred parking pass that I purchased with my pack, and I got shuttled all around the stadium, from Preferred to General, to the side streets by Preferred, which took forever with backups everywhere, before I finally was told it was a no go...
Did you ever bring this situation up to the Brewers? If so, what was the result? I would have been completely livid. If you have a pre-paid preferred parking pass (or any prepaid pass), you should get a spot. I'll never understand how they can over sell a lot. The math is really not that complicated: Capacity-presells = number of tickets you can sell that day.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I also would have blown a gasket. They sell the prepaid parking passes saying you're promised a spot if you have one. I have a general pass, so I am not worried about being turned away. I might get a really bad lot (there are some that are further away then parking for free on the street and take longer to get out from) if I arive late, but they will park me.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I have a general pass, so I am not worried about being turned away.
Why do you think this? As pretend astronaut pointed out, he had a preferred pass and they didn't have any space for him in preferred or general.

(note: some posts have been edited for long or nested quotes --1992)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I never did bring the issue up with the Brewers, though in retrospect I should have, I'm sure my rep would have taken care of me.

I guess I gave it exception because it was Opening Day madness. And I know I talked about this in a playoff thread last season, but they did a better job with this issue last season, and after a certain point, they would turn you away from the preferred lots if you didn't have a prepaid ticket. I don't think I had to park on the surround street at all last year, though twice I did get sent to the "preferred" lot by the busses. (I hate that lot.)

• 11 months later...
I believe the lots "officially" open 3 hours before game time, even for Opening Day. They do let you in earlier when it becomes a traffic problem though, so you should be able to get in before 10:00 AM. I bought a general parking pass when individual tickets became available and they said there were no more preferred-parking passes available, so if you want to park in the lots you probably want to get there early.

Why do people keep mentioning a 3 pm start time? My mother said the same thing, but everywhere I look including the Brewers website, my tickets and a magnetic schedule I have say the start time is 1:10. Has the start time changed?

I called the Brewers ticket office yesterday and asked them about this, and they said that technically, the parking lots open 3 hours before gametime, but if there is a long line of cars (which there most certainly will be), then they will open an hour early. Basically, the earlier you get there, the better chance you have of getting a spot, otherwise you might get sent to State Fair.

Why do people keep mentioning a 3 pm start time? My mother said the same thing, but everywhere I look including the Brewers website, my tickets and a magnetic schedule I have say the start time is 1:10. Has the start time changed?
This thread was originally used for opening day 2009, which I think did have a 3:00 start time. I'll edit the subject line to make things a little clearer.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived