Brewer Fanatic

Thank god we are not pirate fans!

PaulRigdon

i know they are still major league ball players but it looks like they hardly played their regulars. I remember a few years back the brewers lost to a minor league team (snappers?) and i was embarrassed too. This is much much worse. I still don't understand why the pirates schedule this game.

I don't think this is all that rare. I'm guessing you could find other times in ST where a college (or even a junior college team) beat the "major league" team. I put major league in quotes, because I'm not sure if any of those guys in Pittsburghs line up will be on the opening day roster.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It looks like Manatee threw their entire roster out there ("I played against a MLB team!!!") and that the Pirates did sit almost all their regulars--doesn't look like it was meant to be particulalrly competitive for either squad.

Worthless trivia: I took classes at MCC after transfering out of Florida State before going to Beloit College.

They always had a pretty good baseball team, FWIW

McCutchen was the only guy I recognized by name, but I only scanned the box score briefly.

Still, that's not a good morale booster, even if their better players were no where near the field.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't think this is all that rare. I'm guessing you could find other times in ST where a college (or even a junior college team) beat the "major league" team. I put major league in quotes, because I'm not sure if any of those guys in Pittsburghs line up will be on the opening day roster.
How many guys are on the Pirates opening day roster that wouldn't be on anybody else's opening day roster? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

How many guys are on the Pirates opening day roster that wouldn't be on anybody else's opening day roster? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
Probably half of them would be propped up by the Cubs folks at the next Ryne Sandberg, Ernie Banks and Ron Santo combined! :-)

Unfortunately, I am living back In Manatee County again. However, MCC is one hell of a junior college, making several JUCO championship tournaments in the past ten years, led by one hell of a coach in Tim Hill. I still take part-time classes at the college, economy willing, so I guess that makes me alum, kind of. "Brewers" farm system guys that have went to junior college off the top of my head include Callix Crabbe (yes that explains the man crush) and Chris Barnes. The list is more lengthy, but these are the two that I remember from my days.

Archived