Brewer Fanatic

Frank Catalanotto

I'm not interested. Outside of one game in RF, the only three positions he's played in the past 5 years are LF, 1B and DH. And I don't see him getting much more time in LF or at 1B than he would at DH...

His stick is a little nicer than Counsell's off the bench, but he couldn't provide the necessary backup on the infield that Counsell does.

He was just released by the Rangers. Any chance the crew would be interested? Solid left bat off the bench and can play all three spots. May cost more but seems interesting.

Which "three spots" are you referring to? Catalanatto has never logged so much as one inning in CF. Since the Brewers do need a backup OF for Cameron, Cat is really only an option for the 4th OF spot, and I'd rather have Brad Nelson at this point.

I just don't see why the Brewers would be interested unless they would allow Hart to back up CF. Nelson projects about the same, would be Brewer property for the next three years at minimum salary, and has a much higher upside.

Archived