Brewer Fanatic

Escobar, Parra, and Perriard traded to San Diego

For SP Jake Peavy. Sources inside ESPN, including infamous baseball tonight sportscaster, Whoa Solvd, have confirmed that the deal was completed late Tuesday night as the Milwaukee Brewers and San Diego Padres make final preparations for the upcoming season. The Brewers, citing a logjam at the shortstop position, and a desire for an established anchor in the rotation, rolled the dice for the extremely talented righthander. Peavy will be the third Cy-Young winner to pitch for the Brewers in the past two seasons setting a new high water mark in the Brewers efforts to place an elite team on the diamond. Reached by phone early Wednesday Morning, owner Mark Attanasio said that the clubs efforts to already sell 1.75 million tickets for the upcoming season provided evidence that Milwaukee would again draw 3,000,000 fans to watch a competittive club.

In small transactions, the club is expected to announce a contract extention for SS JJ Hardy, who is expected to sign a 4 year extention worth approximately $48 million. The team is also expected to come to terms with former ace Ben Sheets who has agreed to a one year contract worth $8 million. Sheets, not expected back to the All-Star break, will give the Brewers an elite 1-2-3 punch of Peavy, Gallardo, and Sheets that is expected to takeover front-runner status for the Chicago Cubs during the midseason classic.

For more details on the trade visit www.aprilfools2009.com/homagetoGenoSeligPrieb

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Hey! Your link is broken and I can't find anything else about this on the web!

That was a good one... I had about a dozen questions going through my head (before the final line): Will Perriard's injury nullify the trade? Will Suppan still start opening day? Holy crap is our payroll going to be high...

Hook, line and sinker.

Although I've wondered if the Sheets thing might happen at some point.

I knew when there was no mention of who they were traded for that this might be a set up. Well done though, got my heart rate up for a second or two.
Guh. Curse you, indeed, TBWS!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was on TH's blog before checking in here, so fortunately I didn't buy this for a second. Well done all the same.
Checking TH's blog before checking BF.net? The April Fools jokes just keep rolling in http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well done TBWS

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I knew when there was no mention of who they were traded for that this might be a set up. Well done though, got my heart rate up for a second or two.

I agree. I clicked on this a few minutes after it was posted though and I figured the title wasn't edited by a mod yet. The first thing I did was grab my phone to call my friends to see what was up. After clicking on it and reading it, I decided not to make that call. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Well done.

Someone makes one of these every April Fools and I always have a heart attack before realizing what day it is! The timing is just too perfect for these things, lol.

I remember a few years back when someone posted a Lyle Overbay for David Wright trade... Man I really wish that one had happened!

Archived