Brewer Fanatic

looking for bernie and fang bobble

mattsr0625

I'm going to the game and won't need mine...so if anyone is looking for one let me know.

I'm gonna need one... What are you going to want for it?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I spoke with my ticket rep about getting extras bobbles (buying a few extra gen ad tix), and it sounds like they are going to be pretty strict about 1 per fan regardless of how many tickets you purchased. On one hand, I think its cool because folks won't be able to make a fortune on ebay. On the other hand, I was hoping to give the extras to a few friends and trade them for other minor league bobbles/Brewers retros so I don't have to pay a fortune on ebay.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

How do they handle minor league bobble hand outs if the game gets cancelled for some reason? Looking at the weather forecast for Thursday in Appleton is not pretty right now. I still plan on making the drive up there to see the game and get the bobble, but I have no clue about what the rules would be for a rain/snow out. If they just give away the bobbles the next day, I wouldn't be very happy since that would be the Brewers home opener.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I, too, am looking for one of these bobbles before they go on eBay for the first month at astounding prices. There aren't a limited number of these like at Snappers games (limited to 500), every fan will receive one...so if the price reaches what it previously did on eBay (around $50) I wouldn't expect it to stay that high. The market will eventually be flooded with these bobbles eventually.

Anyways, if you're going and can get an extra let me know. I don't think they can limit one bobble per person. If you have multiple tickets there is no stopping you from taking the bobble out of the stadium and returning with an unused ticket. Just an observation...

I have never been to a bobble game around here, but in Huntsville, they don't give them out until the 7th inning or so to keep fans in the park, and limit them one per person.

That's what they did for the Braun bobble last year when I went down there.

Beloit only does 500 bobbles. they put a wrist band on you when you enter and I believe it is the 6th or 7th inning when they allow you to pick up your bobble I usally wait since there is no need to be first since you have a wrist band and are guaranteed a bobble. And it is one per person there

But...in Beloit it is limited to the first 500 fans, who get the bracelets. In Appleton it is an all-fan giveaway, so there is no need to mark with bracelets who will get one...just like at Miller Park. Just an observation...

Got an email today from the TRats about fanfest tomorrow and the bobble giveaway. Looks like it is going to be one bobble per person and not one per ticket. It also says they are planning on running out of bobbles before everyone gets one which sucks cause I don't think we are getting there until right before game time.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Quote from email:

"Due to the overwhelming response for Opening Day tickets, not all fans will receive the Fang/Bernie bobblehead the night of the game. Fans that do not receive the bobblehead that night will receive a rain check to pick up the bobblehead at Time Warner Cable Field at a later date. When our new shipment arrives, we will post when the bobbleheads can be picked up on our website, . Per Timber Rattlers giveaway policy, one bobblehead/rain check will be given to each fan the night of the game, not per ticket. Thank you for your understanding."

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I am actually kind of glad about the whole one bobblehead per person...not per ticket. It will come back to bite some people in the butt, like those who are selling on eBay who bought a bunch of cheap grass seats to the game. THAT is why there is such a "demand" for tickets, and it just takes the opportunity to attend the game and get a bobble from other REAL fans.

Same thing happens at Miller Park. One guy buys a bunch of Bernie's Terrace seats and then sells the bobbles on eBay. Did you ever notice on bobble days that there is a huge blank section in Bernie's Terrace? A reseller on eBay, who is pre-selling a bunch of Braun bobbles (up to 50, I believe), put in his auction that "retros" will be available after May 3rd. Really? I pointed out to him that there will not be any retros since the bobble features a moment, not necessarily a player, from last season, and making a retro version would just be wrong. That just goes to show how much of a Brewers "fan" these resellers are.

FYI for season/mini-plan holders. The guaranteed giveaway item benefit does not apply to the all fan bobblehead giveaway. You will need to go through the line to get your bobblehead, and you will get a raincheck if they run out of bobbles.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived