Brewer Fanatic

Team Needs

Ok I am just curious to what you guys think this team needs. With the all star gaming only 3 or so weeks away and then the trade deadline after. I think for position players we are set Counsanino seem to be getting it together and with Ricky comin back it should only help. I believe the only thing that could really help put this team over the edge is Bullpen help. Now i know either Vargas, Bush, or Yo should b in the pen when Cappy comes back. But i would really like the idea of going after one of the Texas guys Otsuka (id prefer him) or Gange.

Thoughts

Bullpen help... What about Brad Lidge?? I have a hard time forgetting when he was the 7th AND 8th inning bridge to Billy Wagner. However, it is a trade within the division, though Aramis Ramirez can attest that such trades do happen. Scott Linebrink would be a worthy addition, as well. But the darkhorse "need" would be a young catcher...and there is one such player available at present, though I prefer his counterpart. However, either one would suffice (and ironically force out Estrada for the second time in his career). The Salty One or Big Bat McCann....get it done 'Stache!

Alright i forgot about Lidge and I for one would love to have him. Ya he has been having his struggles, but so did COCO before he came to the brewers. I believe Maddux could help get Lidge back to where he was a few yrs ago. Wow Tbow in the 7th, Lidge 8th, and Coco in the ninth. I LIKE ALOT!!!! As for McCann or the Salty one, i would also love to get one of there two, however the price would be pretty steep. How about Gwynn, Inman, and Bush or Vargas for either of the two? To much not Enough???

I just wanted to point out that Lidge isn't struggling...

On the year, he has a 2.34 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP with 44 Ks in 34.2 IP.

Since April 13th, he has a 1.64 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP with 43 Ks in 33 IP.

Everyone still seems to think he's struggling because he gave up 3 runs in his first two appearances this year. Last year was a fluke, dude is good.

Archived