Brewer Fanatic

2009-03-31 Brewers (Looper) at Padres (Hill): 9:05 PM CDT -- FSWisconsin, MLB Network [Brewers lose, 6-5]

brewmann04
Even Macha in his interview said that Braun wasn't feeling to positive about the hand injury. In one aspect, it's nice to have a manager not afraid to tell you how it is (Yost) but in another, it's not a real good sign for #8. Crossin my fingers in hope for a healthy Brauny.
Thats not what I wanted to hear. Especially when Braun has been saying he is fine all spring with his rib injury

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God, did anyone see the play live? This does not sound good.
He went to his left to catch a sinking line drive and looked to get crossed up somehow, maybe the ball got lost in the lights. He tried to catch the ball about thigh-high, but it hit off his hand.

He was smiling and saying something to Cameron at first, probably laughing about it, but as he was walking back to his position, I noticed a minor look of concern (or maybe it was just a look of "man, I'm a bonehead") on his face as he was feeling and looking at his hand.

The play in which Braun was "injured" was kind of weird. It looked like he misjudged a line drive as it bounced off of his left wrist, but after the play he was holding his right thumb, which I think was where the injury occurred. There was no dive for the ball and the throw back to the infield was routine enough so I'm not sure how it happened.

EDIT: They just replayed it again and it did hit his right arm not his left arm, but closer to the elbow than the hand. I'm guessing he never saw the ball because he was moving to his left, yet it hits his right arm. The Padres announcers saying that he is currently getting X-rayed.

I start with an old link in my brower history (or clicking on one of MassHass's game thread links)

Change the date and visting team & home team three letter abbreviations.

Tomorrow's Arizona @ Milwaukee would be something like 04 01 arimlb milmlb 1

It might take some experimenting to learn other team abbreviations (or search through old IGT for last time played against).

I'm sure there is an easier method, but when desperate, it worked.

That's how I did it for the World Baseball Classic threads. And that's how wOOgiE22 does it for his in-game threads. I think that's probably the easiest way.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

TGJ is not doing anything to convince me he should make the team. Two mis-played balls out there this inning.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Just sent a nasty gram to Directv. Not like it'll do any good. They'll just reply in their usual ignorant fashion and try to sell me a new package. Normally I can tolerate this type of idiocy, but with Braun getting injured it just added jet fuel to the fire.

X-rays on Braun came back, he just has a contusion according to Telly.

Craig Counsell's new batting stance kind of makes me sad. If it works out so that he doesn't hit .220, I think I'll get over it. haha

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Just sent a nasty gram to Directv. Not like it'll do any good. They'll just reply in their usual ignorant fashion and try to sell me a new package. Normally I can tolerate this type of idiocy, but with Braun getting injured it just added jet fuel to the fire.
For future reference, to what to address do I send my nasty grams?

The game is now on Directv here.

Here too. Any idea when they started showing it? I quit checking around 10:30. Why does it have to be so hard?!

Nope I turned the TV off when I saw it was just the DirecTv background with music, then around 10:50 turned it on to put on Letterman and heard Brian Anderson talking.

Archived