Brewer Fanatic

The "Parks And Recreation" Thread

BrewCrewForever
“‘Serts are what I call desserts. ‘Tretres are entrees. I call sandwiches, sannies, samdoozles, Adam Sandlers. Air conditioners are Cool Blasterz with a z, I don’t know where that came from. I call cakes, big ol’ cookies. I call noodles long ass rice. Fried chicken is fry fry chicky chick. Chicken parm is chicky chicky parm parm. Chicken Cacciatore is chicky catch. I call eggs pre-birds or future birds. Root beer is super water. Tortillas are bean blankies. And I call forks food rakes.”

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another week, another very solid P&R.

They underused Ron a bit, but the April/Andy/Ben interactions made up for it. Adam Scott has been an excellent addition to the cast. Like Jason Bateman from AD, he just makes everyone around him way funnier. Excellent straight man (can't put him on Bateman's level though).

30 Rock doesn't have it's own thread so I'll just comment here...excellent rebound season. Another good one last night. Also, Condi Rice cannot act. At all.

I haven't watched Community yet, but I've been kind of disappointed in the second half of this season. Chang was a million times better as a prick professor. Now he's just completely annoying, not funny, and ruining the show for me (along with Shirley).

1. Last week's episode at the health food store was amazing. Ron with the tofu bacon samples had me rolling on the floor.

2. Ron's speech this week at the art show was fantastic.

Ron Swanson is, without a doubt, the best character on television for me.

Ron's speech was great. I love April and Andy the married couple. The scene where April is listing all of the house rules to Ben and then Andy interjecting and telling Ben that she is just kidding. "When we watch a sad movie, you have to wear mascara so we can see if you've been crying".

For some reason I thought Amy Poehler was way older than the Ben character, but I looked it up and she's 2 years older than him.

On a side note, Community was absolutely horrible this last episode. It felt like I was watching a sitcom where the script was submitted by a viewer who won a contest. I love that show, but I didn't laugh once that episode.

I absolutely loved "Jerry's Painting", both the episode and the work of art. There just have been so many A+ episodes this season, it's a damn shame it's been truncated to just 16 episodes in an ill-suited attempt to woo the redneck market...

I didn't much care for "Soulmates" though (last week's episode). I just felt that the "Ron loves meat" angle is way too broad for a show of this caliber. It's kind of been beaten to death with the multiple bacon fervors, the trip to Indianapolis, and now the health food store. The Leslie/Tom moments did have their merit, and still what I consider to be an average show for Parks and Rec remains light years beyond anything else that's on.

I didn't much care for "Soulmates" though (last week's episode). I just felt that the "Ron loves meat" angle is way too broad for a show of this caliber. It's kind of been beaten to death with the multiple bacon fervors, the trip to Indianapolis, and now the health food store.
But it wasn't just "Ron loves meat." It was Ron vs. all that new-fangled hippie stuff. And Ron loves simplicity. I thought portraying Ron at the health food store vs. Food n' Stuff was some very clever satire. Since I've spent a lot of time shopping at stores like Outpost and Whole Foods, I loved being lampooned by Ron Swanson.

Tonight's episode gave us a genius glimpse into Eagleton, the bizzaro Shelbyville to Pawnee's Springfield. And the consistent level of thought and care that goes into Leslie & Ron's interactions is just not something that you often see on a show of any genre. Quality, quality stuff.

Highlights:

• The disparity of the level of discourse between the two cities' public forums
  • The Eagleton jail contains maple-glazed scones & gift baskets.
  • Andy's awesome, after-the-fact exclamation of "Garbage Fight!".
  • That the writers were able to get in a subtle Duke Silver reference by having April call about saxophones and fedoras as a ruse to throw Ron off Leslie's true intent.

I absolutely love this show. Again, what a shame that 5+ episodes of

this period of creative genius were in essence stolen from the viewers.

Community Moderator

"Ron, do you remember what you told me when I asked you if I should take the job in Eagleton?"

"You mean, 'What do I care? Do whatever the hell you want?'"

Comedy. Gold.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This season has been sooo consistent. I still hope we get one more Jean Ralphio appearance though.

That fedora and saxophone joke definitely went over my head. I haven't seen all of season 2 (I think I started watching during the first Tammy episode). Luckily season 2 just came in the mail yesterday, so I'll be able to catch up on that.

One thing that has been a consistent miss since I've been watching are the town hall meetings. The citizens of Pawnee are rarely funny.

Ron was fantastic in this episode. As usual I guess, but this one specifically.

Loved Tom's line about finding an iPod Touch in the public forum gift bag, so funny. I just love this show, easily my favorite comedy on TV. Michael Schur is a genius.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I just watched started watching season 2 from the beginning and the episode where Ron has a hernia is so damn good. His reaction throughout the episode had me dying. When the janitor asks him if he's working late...LOL.

One thing I noticed from the earlier eps is they definitely underused Andy. He's hardly in it.

unless i missed a week somehow, Hulu has two episodes of Parks and Rec on today. it's like Christmas but with two Parks and Rec episodes!! yay!!!!!
There were two episodes on NBC Thursday night.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

unless i missed a week somehow, Hulu has two episodes of Parks and Rec on today. it's like Christmas but with two Parks and Rec episodes!! yay!!!!!
There were two episodes on NBC Thursday night.

And they were both awesome. Just enough John Ralphio for me:

One thing I noticed from the earlier eps is they definitely underused Andy. He's hardly in it.
He was a recurring guest star for at least the first season. I don't know if he originally in the long-term plans or not. His character has gone from his crippled/mildly misogynistic persona to my favorite character on the show. I adore Chris Pratt.

He was a recurring guest star for at least the first season. I don't know if he originally in the long-term plans or not. His character has gone from his crippled/mildly misogynistic persona to my favorite character on the show. I adore Chris Pratt.
That's because he's so nice. Plus, he's in a band.

(For some reason, those are the only two qualities that come to mind...)

Loved the two episode finale. But that may just be because I can't get the image of Ron in that desk constantly turning away from the citizen out of my head. That and it was a nice touch to see just how well he knew his employees.

Archived