Brewer Fanatic

The "Parks And Recreation" Thread

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very, very excited for January 20th. For my money, Parks and Rec is the best comedy on network TV (Curb Your Enthusiasm is my #1 overall, but that is cable). With the high praise Sepinwall has for these first 6 episodes it has me very pumped.

I was watching some more of the season 2 DVD's and forgot about the dinner party episodes when Ron asked if he could and then brought his own tray of deviled eggs. Leslie promised him fridge space for them. Hahaha. Ron is my favorite on the show but all of the characters bring good comedy to the show. Interested to see more of Scott and Lowe.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 1 month later...

I've been re-watching season 2 in anticipation of the season 3 premier. Just got done with 'Telethon' and cannot stop laughing at this scene:

Perd Hapley: And the story of this next dance is that it’s called The Worm.

Ron Swanson: What the [expletive] are you doing, Perd Hapley?

The P&R universe is just so dense, but merely the name Perd Hapley on its own makes me laugh. Can't wait for Thursday.

Loved the season 3 premiere. Ron coaching the basketball team was awesome. Especially his Bobby Knight like wardrobe and throwing of the chair. Good start to the season. Also if anyone is on twitter, they have an official account now for Ron. It is @RonEffinSwanson

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

yep, total comedy gold for the entire Ron Swanson parts of the episode. Beginning-to-end.

"We're ordering pizza?"

The Pyramid

The chair throwing

Everything about this episode was just pure money.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

After seeing Scott Pilgrim more than a few times since last seeing P-Rec, it took me a second to remember that April doesn't wear glasses.

- "If you're trying to tell me something, I do not know what it is because you will not call me back"

- Absolutely loved the Bob Knight look for Ron as basketball coach; the pyramid just comes too close to Dwight Schrute hyper-seriousness for my liking. (Aside from 'Romantic Love,' there's not enough Duke Silver there to balance things out.)

- Leslie tossing Jerry's painting into the lake is just pitch-perfect.

- Loved that Tom's explanation for wearing women's shoes included the fact that no one could tell the difference....immediately after Ron called him on wearing women's shoes.

Loved the premiere.... but what made me laugh the hardest last night was one simple line in Community:

Jeff: Nice sweater.

Andre (played by Malcom Jamaal Warner): Thanks. My dad gave it to me.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

after thinking about it, I do remember one thing about Parks & Rec last night that I didn't like. The fact that they are now airing episodes in January/February that should have aired in the fall when a "Pawnee Harvest Festival" would have made a whole heck of a lot more sense.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Loved the premiere.... but what made me laugh the hardest last night was one simple line in Community:

Jeff: Nice sweater.

Andre (played by Malcom Jamaal Warner): Thanks. My dad gave it to me.

Haha, I missed this as well. I remember the line but it didn't hit me what they were referring to. Great Parks and Rec as well.

Jean Ralphio definitely hooked Tommy Timberlake up with that gig at Lady Footlocker. I also liked how Tom was seemingly chosen as referee just because he still had his foot locker uniform on.

A lot of jokes flew over my head on Community tonite, even after the second viewing. I did like Duncan and Fat Neil's exchange....

"Thank you, Fat Neil."

"Neil's fine."

"Not from an actuarial standpoint."

Archived