Brewer Fanatic

The "Parks And Recreation" Thread

BrewCrewForever
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, between this and the Leno fiasco, can NBC just make one right decision? I can agree with moving 30 Rock off of its slot since it is what it is, but if this means anything less than 20+ episodes and no repeats for P&R I just don't know what to say. This is hands down the best comedy they have.

Eh, looks like they did this to Chuck this year and they got 19 episodes, so some of my fears are alleviated but for crying out loud...

EDIT: Here's a link to AV Club's take on the matter.

I seen Ken Tremendous (Michael Schur) tweet this yesterday. I was shocked. I don't know the ratings exact, I'm sure they are not great but good. But with all the buzz around this show and how good it has gotten, how could they do this? Another STUPID decision from NBC.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

wow. clearly they don't do enough drug testing on NBC executives.

maybe they'll handle it like Conan; wait until that new show bombs, then try to put Parks&Rec back in its timeslot again. so i guess this is the beginning of the end for Parks. $5 says it doesn't make it past the third season, but i hope i'm wrong.

Pretty sure it's only going to be a half season because Amy Poeller is pregnant.
While Amy Poehler is pregnant, they already accounted for her absence by doing an accelerated production schedule. They're already 4 episodes into season 3, with 4 more to be ready before the baby pops out. NBC themselves has stated it's not due to that.

The P&R replacement show, Outsourced, looks absolutely terrible. It seems NBC finally found a premise that's less believable than a disbarred lawyer going to community college (hey, I love Community, but that aspect has always troubled me).

Based on what I've seen of Outsourced, I'm hopeful that the half-season of airtime for P&R turns into a full slate of episodes.

I can understand NBC's fears, though. They've put together a whole night of critically-acclaimed but low-rated comedy. And shows like Parks and Recreation are more expensive to produce than the traditional sitcom. It's unfortunate, but that's the business.

I'm kind of surprised how much weight the Nielsen ratings still carry. I'm sure a lot of Parks audience is young people like me who often watch it online or DVR. I suppose advertisers don't care, though. They only want to know how many people watch it live.

I'm kind of surprised how much weight the Nielsen ratings still carry. I'm sure a lot of Parks audience is young people like me who often watch it online or DVR. I suppose advertisers don't care, though. They only want to know how many people watch it live.
Live TV users don't have the benefit of skipping commercials, which is why advertisers care more about them. (I'm a TiVo user, so I'm as guilty as most....but I try to watch the shows I really like live.)

Leslie: Are you going to have sex?

Tom: Why else would Boyz 2 Men's "On Bended Knee" be playing.

Tom: Is that bacon on your turkey leg?

Ron: Yup, they call it a "Swanson".

I love this show, great season finale. Have really liked the addition of Rob Lowe and Adam Scott. And some really nice cliffhangers going into season 3, it's just to bad we have to wait till midseason for it to start. Thanks NBC! Idiots.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I love how Ron is an AC'ist working in government.

It kind of sucks Paul Schneider is leaving the show. He plays a great straight man. I'm guessing he's probably too good of an actor to be on tv for the long haul though.

Agreed with BCin2004. Lowe and Scott have been excellent additions.

I thought all shows nailed their finales last night. Matt Damon was excellent on 30 Rock.

Isn't there a chance Schneider comes back at some point? I though I may have read something that he just might take a season off to do movie stuff. I could be wrong.

Andy's "12%" interest line had me laughing pretty hard.

You may be right. After last night, it's pretty obvious Leslie is still into him. His talking head about needing a sign to leave his job cracked me up.

Kind of off topic, but I was wondering if any of you guys watch Party Down on Starz? Adam Scott (Ben from Parks and Rec) and Ken Marino are the stars of the show, but it's a great ensemble comedy.

You can watch up to date episodes on Netflix. I went thru all of them in about two days. Great, great show.

Kind of off topic, but I was wondering if any of you guys watch Party Down on Starz? Adam Scott (Ben from Parks and Rec) and Ken Marino are the stars of the show, but it's a great ensemble comedy.

You can watch up to date episodes on Netflix. I went thru all of them in about two days. Great, great show.

I don't have Starz, but I've watched all of Season 1 of Party Down, and all but the most recent episode or two of S2 via Netflix. It's that same combination of funny, entertaining, and occasionally emotionally painful development that Rob Thomas was so good at when writing "Veronica Mars." (The cast features 2 VM regulars in Marino and Ryan Hansen, as well as a majority of the guest cast....including Kristen Bell.)

The set-up and subsequent pay-off of one gag in the pilot is one of the best executions of a joke that I have ever seen.

• 6 months later...

Season 2 is also on Netflix play it now. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it. I gave up on the show midway through season one, and then started watching it again toward the end of season 2 when I finally listened to the enthusiastic critical response. The growth of the show was phenomenal, and by the end of the season it was the best comedy on TV. The cast was amazing to begin with, and adding Adam Scott and Rob Lowe to the mix was magical. I'm really looking forward to the beginning of Season 3, which was filmed immediately after Season 2 wrapped up. I fully expect them to continue on the roll that they left off on.

I'm having similar feelings about Community, which I gave up on early but have gotten back in to and am amazed by the progress it has made. With 30 Rock back on top and The Office getting ready to tell Michael's departure story, Thursday night is going to be amazing for the rest of the season.

Good to see you got into Community. The show really took off after Intro to Statistics (season 1 Halloween episode). A few weeks ago it was on sale for $13 on amazon. Great deal if you haven't seen all of season 1. Next week should be interesting (animated).

Yep, can't wait for P&R to start up again. I still haven't watched all of season 1. I too gave up on it. But last season was gold.

wow, that's some pretty high praise since i thought every single episode in Season 2 was terrific. really really hope they make an effort to advertise the return of the show to get people to watch it again.

so if that India show has taken its place in the lineup, where are they going to put P&R? hope they don't bury it.

NBC is doing all comedies from 7 - 10 cdt.

Community

Perfect Couples- ft Olivia Munn and the waitress from IASIP. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The Office

Parks and Rec

30 Rock

Outsourced

They're giving Outsourced the worst spot and Parks and Rec the best spot, which makes me smile.

Archived